PDA

View Full Version : A mess today need support

spartymum
02-22-2014, 04:34 PM
After 14 years I had to put my dog my best friend to rest today . My anxiety is off the roof today I am feeling so lost and sad. Second guessing my decision . She wasn't eating or sleeping . She was suffering I know but I hated to do it . Thank god for my 15 ur old son he was a trooper today .

Fourteen14
02-22-2014, 04:42 PM
After 14 years I had to put my dog my best friend to rest today . My anxiety is off the roof today I am feeling so lost and sad. Second guessing my decision . She wasn't eating or sleeping . She was suffering I know but I hated to do it . Thank god for my 15 ur old son he was a trooper today .

So sorry to hear this, I've been there a few times and it's horrible!

14 is a good age for a dog, sometimes I wish humans had the same privilege to go with dignity when they are suffering badly. Please don't beat yourself up, you did right by your best friend. :)

Enduronman
02-22-2014, 04:50 PM
You made the right decision,..you're surrounded by friends now. :)

E-Man....

Anxious Abi
02-22-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm so sorry, same as the guys above, it's heartbreaking.
You need to have faith, you knew she was suffering. You did the right thing.
It's OK to feel lost and sad right now.
Try think of all those good years.
Hope you feel better.

spartymum
02-22-2014, 05:13 PM
I am trying hard . Can't stop crying and now I am home and it's so quiet and strange without her. I said a prayer as she went . She truly as a greAt dog and my best friend . Thank you I wish I could hug all of you ..

Dahila
02-22-2014, 05:19 PM
spartymum I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking and if you can, get another dog... I am still grieving after my girl, she was 12 and I had to make the decision. The worst day of my life , you lost a member of the family, you have the right to grieve, then to heal... If you need to talk you have us.

spartymum
02-22-2014, 07:24 PM
It's horrible ... This is a long day .. Now time for bed soon and my fur baby won't be there to sleep with me .. I can't stop crying