PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling :-(

petrified
02-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Been having this panic attack now for an hour!!
I'm trying to ride it out but really struggling. I've had on ok day not sure where it came from grrr.
I've tried everything I normally do I've tried my water, I've tried my distraction techniques but nothing is shifting it. Any tips anyone? Haven't had one this bad in a long while :-(

jjh333
02-22-2014, 02:26 PM
have you ever tried Tapping?

petrified
02-22-2014, 02:31 PM
have you ever tried Tapping?

No how do I do that?

petrified
02-22-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm currently trying to just imagine Nixons voice telling me to let it come, and go! Kick it out our life! Oh and it never kills us or even hurts us. Again....he always says that!

Ultimately I want to be able to enjoy an outlook like his!

Me too frankie. I'm trying so hard to let it come and go. Not sure wether I'm feeling it harder as its been a month or so since my last one :-(

Fourteen14
02-22-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm currently trying to just imagine Nixons voice telling me to let it come, and go! Kick it out our life! Oh and it never kills us or even hurts us. Again....he always says that! Ultimately I want to be able to enjoy an outlook like his!

Perhaps we need the Nixon Method?

CURE YOUR PANIC NOW!!!!!...with.....The Nixon Rules.....$170 payable in 3 easy instalments, major credit cards accepted, 100% guaranteed or your money back........terms and conditions apply.

What do you think? Business venture? :D

petrified
02-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Perhaps we need the Nixon Method?

CURE YOUR PANIC NOW!!!!!...with.....The Nixon Rules.....$170 payable in 3 easy instalments, major credit cards accepted, 100% guaranteed or your money back........terms and conditions apply.

What do you think? Business venture? :D

Haha that made me smile :-)
I would gladly pay it just to be able to stop feeling like this. Grrr fed up now. My hearts going like the clappers I'm sweating and trying to laugh at the thoughts that I'm currently having a heart attack.
I absolutely hate this!!!
Wish it would just go away

petrified
02-22-2014, 02:47 PM
It's so damn hard isn't it. But everytime we don't fight it or distract from it we are one panic closer to repairing how thought pathways!

Eyes on the prize......if you can today. Hugs!

I really thought I was getting there :-(
I'm going to try reading my book in the bath to see if that helps

petrified
02-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Ok. And try not to think you're not getting there.

Every setback is actually a comeback. ;). Enjoy your bubbles.

Thanks frankie :-)

Enduronman
02-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Have you ever tried punching???....someone nearby.... :)

E-(I am now in trouble)-Man... LOL!

Enduronman
02-22-2014, 03:14 PM
And the truth!!! shall set you free...DOH!!. :)
Cmere boy! THWAP!!!... LOL!

BlessedMom
02-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Been having this panic attack now for an hour!!
I'm trying to ride it out but really struggling. I've had on ok day not sure where it came from grrr.
I've tried everything I normally do I've tried my water, I've tried my distraction techniques but nothing is shifting it. Any tips anyone? Haven't had one this bad in a long while :-(

I usually take a shower to try to work through mine, for some reason I can escape in there, some nights I will get up and take 5 to 6 showers until I get through it. I hope you can wind down. I also like to watch "no brainer" movies, romantic comedies and the like since I cannot handle any violence especially when I'm feeling bad. I hope you can relax, I feel bad you are going through this!

petrified
02-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Have you ever tried punching???....someone nearby.... :)

E-(I am now in trouble)-Man... LOL!

Haha don't think the hubby would appreciate that much :-)

petrified
02-22-2014, 05:06 PM
I usually take a shower to try to work through mine, for some reason I can escape in there, some nights I will get up and take 5 to 6 showers until I get through it. I hope you can wind down. I also like to watch "no brainer" movies, romantic comedies and the like since I cannot handle any violence especially when I'm feeling bad. I hope you can relax, I feel bad you are going through this!

Thank you blessedmom
I'm still shaky but feeling a little more relaxed now. It's midnight here so trying to unwind. Got a feeling it's going to be a long night though :-(
Hopefully sleep will come soon as my sons got an early football match in the morning.
Thanks for your kind words it's great knowing I have you all there :-)

petrified
02-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Haha E-man and frankie I hope social services don't browse this sight ;-p
My son has a punch bag thing I might try it sometime. I'm sure my hubby would like that better hehe.
Thanks for making me giggle with your comments your distractions work wonders :-)

Enduronman
02-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Yes..just think of all those scenes in the Every Which Way but Loose movie series with the giant chimp and Clint Eastwood. "Right turn Clyde, THWAP!".....LOL! :)

Glad you smiled!...:D

(therapy)...E-Man..

petrified
02-22-2014, 05:26 PM
You should go into business with Nixon haha
But seriously thanks I really appreciate it :-)

Enduronman
02-22-2014, 05:35 PM
BAHAA!! I'm still trying to teach him how to type YAY but he's abit slow....:)

Welcome!

NeverToo...Fear
02-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Sorry you are going through the panic, Hannah... hopefully when you wake up (at least I hope you are getting some rest right now) you will feel better in the morning. But I'm glad you could laugh a little in this thread. Laughter is always a great distraction! :)

petrified
02-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Sorry you are going through the panic, Hannah... hopefully when you wake up (at least I hope you are getting some rest right now) you will feel better in the morning. But I'm glad you could laugh a little in this thread. Laughter is always a great distraction! :)

Thanks NTF today's been ok, been struggling with my OCD a little but getting there. Yeah everyone's fab on here. Hope you are well :-)

jjh333
02-23-2014, 08:31 PM
it was taught to me by a therapist... but here is overall information.. there are a lot of videos online that can help you master it! it always helps me

http://eft.mercola.com/

petrified
02-24-2014, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE="jjh333;163555"]it was taught to me by a therapist... but here is overall information.. there are a lot of videos online that can help you master it! it always helps me

http://eft.mercola.com/[/QUOTE

Thank you :-)