PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from the ladies (Possible TMI, Health Anxiety)

rubee
02-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi. This might include a bit of TMI but I'm quite nervous and need advice :(

Last night I went for a pee, and after I wiped, the toilet paper had blood on it. My blood ran cold. I checked in the toilet - no blood that I could see. So it looked like it was just on the paper. I freaked out and went to bed. Woke up this morning, went for a wee - no blood. But a little while later I got what I assumed was my period? I mean, I had blood in my pants. The thing is though, usually when I get my period, I get dark, not heavy spotting for the day or so before (never noticed it on toilet paper before). And I don't know, this just feels different than usual :( Maybe it's my anxiety? It's not like a proper period, at least not like I normally have? Light the blood doesn't seem to be.. constant. It's most noticeable in the toilet after I pee. My last period was at the end of December/beginning of January - my periods have never been 'regular' though from January until about September last year I got one every month, bar one I think. Then from September it went a bit weird again. My doctor told me a while ago it's because of my medication (Risperdal and Sertraline) and won't look into it further. My mum says the same, it's just my meds. In December my period was a lot shorter than usual and a bit like the one I'm experiencing now, as in, it felt 'different'.

Is there something badly wrong? Or can periods be like this? To clarify, in case my message above got a bit blabbery: I peed yesterday, blood on toilet paper (not in toilet). Today I got some blood in my pants but it doesn't look how it 'normally' does at the start of my periods? The blood is very light, fresh blood. And there isn't a lot of it.

I've also been experiencing possible period symptoms the past few days - sensitive boobs, and also a relatively bad pain in my side, below my rib cage but above my hip, when I breath in.

Fourteen14
02-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Hi. This might include a bit of TMI but I'm quite nervous and need advice :( Last night I went for a pee, and after I wiped, the toilet paper had blood on it. My blood ran cold. I checked in the toilet - no blood that I could see. So it looked like it was just on the paper. I freaked out and went to bed. Woke up this morning, went for a wee - no blood. But a little while later I got what I assumed was my period? I mean, I had blood in my pants. The thing is though, usually when I get my period, I get dark, not heavy spotting for the day or so before (never noticed it on toilet paper before). And I don't know, this just feels different than usual :( Maybe it's my anxiety? It's not like a proper period, at least not like I normally have? Light the blood doesn't seem to be.. constant. It's most noticeable in the toilet after I pee. My last period was at the end of December/beginning of January - my periods have never been 'regular' though from January until about September last year I got one every month, bar one I think. Then from September it went a bit weird again. My doctor told me a while ago it's because of my medication (Risperdal and Sertraline) and won't look into it further. My mum says the same, it's just my meds. In December my period was a lot shorter than usual and a bit like the one I'm experiencing now, as in, it felt 'different'. Is there something badly wrong? Or can periods be like this? To clarify, in case my message above got a bit blabbery: I peed yesterday, blood on toilet paper (not in toilet). Today I got some blood in my pants but it doesn't look how it 'normally' does at the start of my periods? The blood is very light, fresh blood. And there isn't a lot of it. I've also been experiencing possible period symptoms the past few days - sensitive boobs, and also a relatively bad pain in my side, below my rib cage but above my hip, when I breath in.

Hi Rubee I am a guy, but quite used to this type of conversation (so I hope you do not feel embarrassed in me replying to your thread).

Simply put, it is VERY common for changes to occur in your cycle (also bleeding between cycles) due to medication. Some women find they stop altogether or timing/flow/painful changes.

To put your mind at ease, if the medication hadn't caused it, fresh blood (light coloured) outside of your normal cycle would more likely indicate infection/tear/fissure inside the vagina/uterus rather than anything sinister. Hope it manages to settle down for you, and give you peace of mind Regards.

BlessedMom
02-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Hi. This might include a bit of TMI but I'm quite nervous and need advice :(

Last night I went for a pee, and after I wiped, the toilet paper had blood on it. My blood ran cold. I checked in the toilet - no blood that I could see. So it looked like it was just on the paper. I freaked out and went to bed. Woke up this morning, went for a wee - no blood. But a little while later I got what I assumed was my period? I mean, I had blood in my pants. The thing is though, usually when I get my period, I get dark, not heavy spotting for the day or so before (never noticed it on toilet paper before). And I don't know, this just feels different than usual :( Maybe it's my anxiety? It's not like a proper period, at least not like I normally have? Light the blood doesn't seem to be.. constant. It's most noticeable in the toilet after I pee. My last period was at the end of December/beginning of January - my periods have never been 'regular' though from January until about September last year I got one every month, bar one I think. Then from September it went a bit weird again. My doctor told me a while ago it's because of my medication (Risperdal and Sertraline) and won't look into it further. My mum says the same, it's just my meds. In December my period was a lot shorter than usual and a bit like the one I'm experiencing now, as in, it felt 'different'.

Is there something badly wrong? Or can periods be like this? To clarify, in case my message above got a bit blabbery: I peed yesterday, blood on toilet paper (not in toilet). Today I got some blood in my pants but it doesn't look how it 'normally' does at the start of my periods? The blood is very light, fresh blood. And there isn't a lot of it.

I've also been experiencing possible period symptoms the past few days - sensitive boobs, and also a relatively bad pain in my side, below my rib cage but above my hip, when I breath in.

It could be a uti infection???? or your period or a side effect of your meds. If you have addressed this with your doctor I would trust what he has told you but if you are still not comfortable with what has been said call the after hours nurse at his office and seek some additional input ((hugs))