PDA

View Full Version : depression or anxiety

hypochondriac1993
02-21-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm never sure what the category this would go under. Basically death oriented. Thinking of me or my wife getting some type of horrible stage four cancer, Thinking of the passage of time, growing old, my wife being old an passing away one day, or me and leaving the other all alone with out each other. Thinking that right now this will one day be just a memory. It makes me tear up every time I think about it and my chest heavy and which can lead to anxiety. Also reminiscing over good times In the past makes me sad too. Any one can relate? What is this? I'm only 21 years old. I hate thinking like this.

Goomba
02-21-2014, 08:06 PM
You're on your journey, nothings wrong with this. It's you confronting a part of yourself that needs to be confronted. You're growing.

You see
Depression
Anxiety
Not feeling well
Only 21 and shouldn't feel like this

I see
Developing understanding of fear of death
Confronting reality of death
Love and compassion
Coming out of a "shell"
Trying to get unstuck

hypochondriac1993
02-21-2014, 08:15 PM
So what should I do? These thoughts make me so sad and it's like I can't cope knowing one day I'll lose her or shell lose me and well be alone without each other. I hate it. (Third post you've commented on) as you can see I've been going through a lot lately. Haha

Goomba
02-21-2014, 08:28 PM
That's a hard question to answer, because it's going to be different for everyone. For me it involved a lot of soul searching, and choosing to explore myself. Shifting your perceptions of it may also help. You don't know how you, or she will pass, but it is a natural part of life. It is impossible to predict. We tend to plan out our lives in our heads, and try to control every aspect of everything. Then one day we realize...woah...maybe that won't happen, and our anxieties manifest. Death will come at some point, its inevitable.

I suggest trying to learn to live in the moment. Be happy for now. Create your experiences now. Enjoy the time you had today. All the other stuff is fluff. Our planet could be wiped out by a meteor tomorrow, or you guys could live to both be 110 and die together peacefully. The possibilities are endless, and if you worry about them, you'll pass by a lot of potential moments that can define your happiness.

And, remember, everything in the universe is energy. We are energy. Energy cannot be created, or destroyed, it only transforms.

hypochondriac1993
02-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Thank you so much. You're pretty wise. You've picked me up three times. Haha. Appreciate it . Until next time

Goomba
02-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Thank you so much. You're pretty wise. You've picked me up three times. Haha. Appreciate it . Until next time

Haha, get off of here and have some fun! I'm glad I could help.