PDA

View Full Version : does anyone here understand....anyone...

Tmr789123
02-21-2014, 05:52 PM
does anyone understand how it feels to be afraid to leave your own home. cuz nobody in my life does. everyone keeps telling me to get over it. how can i just get over it. im too afraid to go to the store cuz i fear of having a panic attack. i don't know what to do and its literally killing me. i really want to die. i can go get grocery's. my parents are telling me i need to leave. ive been staying with them for two weeks now. im too afraid to leave and this is the only place i feel comfortable. i feel like im running out of options before i kill myself. i don't know what to do. help me please.i haven't been to work in two weeks and everyone is telling me to just get out and do it. Ive heard exposure therapy is the best way but how can i do that if im really too afraid? i dont even feel like i have a home anymore. i dont feel like i even have family or friends..

Goomba
02-21-2014, 07:39 PM
I can't personally relate to your specific experience, but I know what it's like to be crippled by anxiety. Furthermore, I know what it's like to feel like no one around you understands. I think you took a good first step in taking control of your situation by posting here. The people here have had a lot of different experiences, some can be related to, others, not so much, but the suffering we as humans experience when we hit rock bottom is all too familiar. It is possible to get through this, and within your means to do so. By posting here, you've connected yourself with a community of people that care. Stay strong, friend.

Tmr789123
02-21-2014, 07:44 PM
thank you. I just dont know what to do. ive been trying to slowly get out for a little bit longer every day and its working a bit. i just fear having an attack at work or something

Goomba
02-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Sounds like progress to me! Take control, and do what you can. Your fear is understandable, and I think a lot of people here have gone through something similar. Remember that fear is a choice, and that you always have the ability to be in control of yourself.

BlessedMom
02-21-2014, 09:49 PM
does anyone understand how it feels to be afraid to leave your own home. cuz nobody in my life does. everyone keeps telling me to get over it. how can i just get over it. im too afraid to go to the store cuz i fear of having a panic attack. i don't know what to do and its literally killing me. i really want to die. i can go get grocery's. my parents are telling me i need to leave. ive been staying with them for two weeks now. im too afraid to leave and this is the only place i feel comfortable. i feel like im running out of options before i kill myself. i don't know what to do. help me please.i haven't been to work in two weeks and everyone is telling me to just get out and do it. Ive heard exposure therapy is the best way but how can i do that if im really too afraid? i dont even feel like i have a home anymore. i dont feel like i even have family or friends..

First, friend (((hugs)) and I love you. I do not know that pain of going into public I can relate to wanting to die. NO ONE wants you to die....add me as a friend we can chat!!!!!!

Tmr789123
02-21-2014, 09:54 PM
thank you both for your love and support. midnight here so about time for bed haha. i feel like tomorrow will be a good day though. you know try and get back into the swing of things

BlessedMom
02-21-2014, 09:55 PM
thank you both for your love and support. midnight here so about time for bed haha. i feel like tomorrow will be a good day though. you know try and get back into the swing of things

Tomorrow will be a GREAT day!!! love you!!!!!

BlessedMom
02-22-2014, 03:28 PM
checking in on you.....how is day?:D

Tmr789123
02-22-2014, 08:29 PM
We'll I froze up last minute and didn't go to work... :( then I couldn't even go into the ShopRite to get food and cat litter cuz I was panicking so my dad had to go in for me..

Olive Yew
02-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Go out WITH SOMEONE. Someone you trust. And make sure its something fun and relaxing. NOT drinking. Go for a quiet walk. When you master that, go walk around the store. Then go visit your work. Get yourself confy being IN the areas without the worry of having to accomplish anything. Then work your duties back in.

Tmr789123
02-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do now. Slowly build my way up and my dad is good for me to go out with he's kinda like my safe buddy haha in a way

Olive Yew
02-23-2014, 07:00 AM
That's how my mom is with me

BlessedMom
02-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do now. Slowly build my way up and my dad is good for me to go out with he's kinda like my safe buddy haha in a way

I'm glad you have your dad as your safe buddy. My husband is that for me, since he is the ONLY one who knows how troubled I am with anxiety. When we are out and I'm panicking I ask him straight out.... "Can you tell I'm freaking out?" "Do I look like I'm losing it?" and he just tells me no and moves he, I HAVE to be able to get that reassurance or I freak worse. And mirrors, OMG those are the worst because when I look at them I KNOW I must look as bad as I feel lol so I continue to check them. Crazy I tell ya. Anyways, one small step at a time. And know you have friends here and that we care!

Niicole Lynne
02-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Hey there. I dont personally relate to your specific problem but my anxiety has been having very crippling affects on my life lately too. If you ever need someone to just chat to... send me a message because I love it too. Always here for you!

Tmr789123
02-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Thank u very much! Same goes for you haha always here for everyone in any way I can help.

Another rant... Sorry haha
But I always feel like it's gonna be a good day and then when it's time to go out I can't do it I feel like I'm gonna be stuck inside for the rest of my life I don't know what to do anymore.

And My uncle gave me lorazepam and I don't like taking pills I've never tried before but if I take it I was wondering if it will allow me to go out and have a normal day again

Niicole Lynne
02-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Thank u very much! Same goes for you haha always here for everyone in any way I can help. Another rant... Sorry haha But I always feel like it's gonna be a good day and then when it's time to go out I can't do it I feel like I'm gonna be stuck inside for the rest of my life I don't know what to do anymore. And My uncle gave me lorazepam and I don't like taking pills I've never tried before but if I take it I was wondering if it will allow me to go out and have a normal day again

I just started a new medication from my doctor! I'm hoping it will help me. It was my last resort.
So it might help u too

Tmr789123
02-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah I hope it works for you! I hope it works for me too. I jut want to be normal again...have my normal life back.. I feel like it's never going to get better. I just feel like crying all the time. Like I'm never gonna get my life back..

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 07:09 AM
Yeah I hope it works for you! I hope it works for me too. I jut want to be normal again...have my normal life back.. I feel like it's never going to get better. I just feel like crying all the time. Like I'm never gonna get my life back..

That's how I feel
Especially this morning
Really havin a rough time putting a smile on and I have to work so I'm like... Ugh

Tmr789123
02-24-2014, 09:33 AM
We'll I just woke up and had a completely real dream that my grandmom was in and I was talking to her she told me she forgives me and everything is going to be alright... Most real dream I've ever had in my life

Enduronman
02-24-2014, 09:35 AM
YES!!!

and then let this recovery begin bruh...
it is going to be alright...

Enduronman... :)

Tmr789123
02-24-2014, 09:38 AM
It was crazy I felt like it was actually happening and that I was talking to her. I felt her words, her touching me and everything. The sincerity in her voice. and now I'm crying.

Enduronman
02-24-2014, 09:39 AM
That's what you needed bruh..she knew what you needed too.
She wants you to be happy, and she forgives you...you forgive you too friend.

:)

Tmr789123
02-24-2014, 09:53 AM
I do. I feel like I can have a normal life again like the worlds be lifted off my chest

Enduronman
02-24-2014, 10:00 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!! HOORAY TIM!!

Make this day a really great day bruh..good to hear this.

Chris.. :)

Tmr789123
02-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Ima try. I still can't even believe it

Tmr789123
02-24-2014, 03:06 PM
And I'm still very hesitant to go anywhere. I have my therapist tomorrow and I want to try the lorazepam before I go there to see if it works. I have no anxiety here at home just when I try and go out I'm a little anxious here but not really just when I have to go somewheres