PDA

View Full Version : OCD and anxiety

petrified
02-21-2014, 04:18 PM
I've tried searching for posts about OCD on here but my phones come up with no results. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else notices that their OCD gets worse when anxiety is high, and how you deal with it?

em1
02-21-2014, 04:25 PM
I've tried searching for posts about OCD on here but my phones come up with no results. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else notices that their OCD gets worse when anxiety is high, and how you deal with it?

I don't get OCD as such but I get intrusive thoughts,that drives me
Nuts,I've read a really good book on it,it's called the imp of the mind

petrified
02-21-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't get OCD as such but I get intrusive thoughts,that drives me
Nuts,I've read a really good book on it,it's called the imp of the mind

Oooh thanks I will have a look on amazon for that. I get the obtrusive thoughts that's what normally starts my OCD. I have to constantly check myself for temperatures, swellings and everything else to back up the thoughts that I have something seriously wrong with me.
I love reading though so a book might actually help me! I'm willing to try anything. I'm sick of the sight of myself in the mirror constantly checking for stuff lol.
Thanks again em :-)

em1
02-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Oooh thanks I will have a look on amazon for that. I get the obtrusive thoughts that's what normally starts my OCD. I have to constantly check myself for temperatures, swellings and everything else to back up the thoughts that I have something seriously wrong with me. I love reading though so a book might actually help me! I'm willing to try anything. I'm sick of the sight of myself in the mirror constantly checking for stuff lol. Thanks again em :-)

Oh anytime,I would like to hear what you thought of it if you do read it :)
I do think everyone has abit of OCD in them even my friends that don't suffer with anxiety
Kind of makes you feel
Normal lol

petrified
02-21-2014, 04:45 PM
It's busy downloading to my kindle app so will start it tomorrow. Yeah I will definitely let you no what I think.
But normal whats that? Lol

em1
02-21-2014, 04:53 PM
It's busy downloading to my kindle app so will start it tomorrow. Yeah I will definitely let you no what I think. But normal whats that? Lol

My husband got
Me a kindle HD fire a few months ago,I thought I would miss holding a book but I love it lol
I know it makes you think don't it lol as in we are the normal ones lol

petrified
02-21-2014, 04:59 PM
My husband got
Me a kindle HD fire a few months ago,I thought I would miss holding a book but I love it lol
I know it makes you think don't it lol as in we are the normal ones lol

Haha that's what I like to tell myself. Yeah I still love to curl up with a book, but say I am reading a series of books and I just have to read the next one its great that I can just download it, instead of trailing the shops or waiting on a delivery.
My sister in law is in love with her kindle I hear they are great. I've just got the app on my phone :-)

em1
02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Haha that's what I like to tell myself. Yeah I still love to curl up with a book, but say I am reading a series of books and I just have to read the next one its great that I can just download it, instead of trailing the shops or waiting on a delivery. My sister in law is in love with her kindle I hear they are great. I've just got the app on my phone :-)

I'm bad enough with my iPhone going everywhere with me now it's my kindle to lol
Yes it is nice not having to wait or doing out
In the bad weather to see if you can find it