PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety; women only please!

jukebox314
02-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi,
My health anxiety has been horrible lately. In the past two days I've went from thinking I was pregnant, to thinking I have a UTI, and now this. I have really curly hair, and I have hair that grows around my nipples that I shave. (Tmi, sorry...) but now I have all these pink bumps where the hair grows. I get that they're ingrown hairs, but I'm afraid of them getting infected. There are like 6 little ones. I tried squeezing them then I realized that was a bad idea. Some you can see the hair underneath but others you can't.
I'm just extremely nervous about it. Because if they were to get infected, I would have to tell someone and go to the doctor and I really don't want to do that.
Any suggestions? Or experiences?...
:(

petrified
02-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Hi,
My health anxiety has been horrible lately. In the past two days I've went from thinking I was pregnant, to thinking I have a UTI, and now this. I have really curly hair, and I have hair that grows around my nipples that I shave. (Tmi, sorry...) but now I have all these pink bumps where the hair grows. I get that they're ingrown hairs, but I'm afraid of them getting infected. There are like 6 little ones. I tried squeezing them then I realized that was a bad idea. Some you can see the hair underneath but others you can't.
I'm just extremely nervous about it. Because if they were to get infected, I would have to tell someone and go to the doctor and I really don't want to do that.
Any suggestions? Or experiences?...
:(

Hi jukebox, I total understand your health anxiety, mine was like yours and just before my cycle would start I would convince myself I was pregnant or had a UTI as I would go to the toilet more often.
As for the hair I would suggest trying not to worry about them too much as it might just be your breasts are changing because of your cycle. Perhaps in the future try a different method of removing the hair, like a sensitive hair removal cream or something.
I would suggest that if they became really sore or puss filled where you have removed the hair to make an appointment with a female nurse or female gp, to take a look.

jukebox314
02-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi jukebox, I total understand your health anxiety, mine was like yours and just before my cycle would start I would convince myself I was pregnant or had a UTI as I would go to the toilet more often. As for the hair I would suggest trying not to worry about them too much as it might just be your breasts are changing because of your cycle. Perhaps in the future try a different method of removing the hair, like a sensitive hair removal cream or something. I would suggest that if they became really sore or puss filled where you have removed the hair to make an appointment with a female nurse or female gp, to take a look.

Hi,
Thank you for responding. It makes me feel better that there are people who understand. B
The hair isn't puss filed or anything. Just red bumps that had me worried :/

petrified
02-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi,
Thank you for responding. It makes me feel better that there are people who understand. B
The hair isn't puss filed or anything. Just red bumps that had me worried :/

They sound fine, probably just likely your cycle changing things. but if your really concerned I would just keep an eye on them, and if you think they look worse dont be embarrassed to get them looked at, at the doctors.