PDA

View Full Version : Pulpitations

hayleyjane112
02-21-2014, 04:35 AM
I think I have experience yet another pulpitation it came out of no where ! They always scare me !! Why do I get them all the time? Does anyone get them and cough and it does away I feel my heart flutter and a weird sensation in my chest !
Now I feel all scared and on edge again like there's something wrong with my heart but my pulse is fine !

NixonRulz
02-21-2014, 05:04 AM
Palpitations and anxiety go together like Justin Beiber and bad music

But you already know that. When you are feeling anxious it is a bit hard to believe they are harmless

But they are

My palpitations I get many times a day don't bother me

Mine come from a result of constant shallow chest breathing

They stop when I correct my breathing back to my stomach rising with each breath

Shallow breathing is the biggest culprit for palpitations for those with anxiety

You're good!

hayleyjane112
02-21-2014, 05:13 AM
Thanks, yes well I have asthma so the whole breathing things is a bit messed up sometimes so I reckon this is what brings them on! I always have a pain in my shoulder on the left side which makes me feel anxious as I think there connected just wish I wasent such a worrier it really does stress me out !

Thanks again

ab123
02-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Nixon never thought about that, but I am a shallow breather also. And when I've had tons of adrenaline for the day, or stress th e dags before I'll get real big palps that scare me. But somehow I'm Always still fine:)

Amy Smith
02-21-2014, 12:29 PM
I used to get palpitations everyday, until I changed my eating habits. Cut out all the chocolate and junk food (high in salts). Anxiety also has a lot to do with them. I've learned from my cardiologist that they are completely normal and harmless.