PDA

View Full Version : How to combat anxiety for good

AJLONDON
02-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Don't fear your anxiety it's just you over thinking again and again which fuels the anxiety correct your negative thoughts to positive thoughts which changes a lot plus when you do get anxiety you have to change your thoughts first you need to stop thinking feel and think of the body symptoms your having don't fear them but enjoy them yes enjoy the symptoms then you will make your anxiety weaker and weaker keep practising this it realy works well and then it eliminates anxiety for good you don't feel it anymore as you don't fear it anymore that's the secret !!!!

brittany32888
02-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Your run-on sentences give me anxiety. I feel like I have to read it fast, like a nervous ramble. Just saying... :/

Fourteen14
02-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I have to admit, the thought of trying to enjoy anxiety symptoms would be the equivalent of being delighted at experiencing dental pain.

NixonRulz
02-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Your run-on sentences give me anxiety. I feel like I have to read it fast, like a nervous ramble. Just saying... :/

LOL

That's funny. I had to stop reading

Periods should be required by Forum law to prevent heart palpitations.

Dahila
02-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I have to admit, the thought of trying to enjoy anxiety symptoms would be the equivalent of being delighted at experiencing dental pain.

That's funny, this guys is unreal

deathroman13
03-04-2014, 07:19 AM
I don't think I will ever enjoy to feel nausea or have heart pulpations.

kawtrip
03-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Yup I've read about just "enjoying" it. Not this guy!! Dizzy spells and heart palpitations will never be fun in my eyes!!!!!

cml
03-18-2014, 02:14 AM
My heart palpitates a lot. It made me at ease when i tried to pan the chest of our dog, haha it pounds so hard, skips terribly. I know that our hearts are different but i know our hearts are stronger and bigger and it is made to pound and pound lol, as long as youre checkd it would make sense

Ponder
03-28-2014, 03:35 AM
Don't fear your anxiety it's just you over thinking again and again which fuels the anxiety correct your negative thoughts to positive thoughts which changes a lot plus when you do get anxiety you have to change your thoughts first you need to stop thinking feel and think of the body symptoms your having don't fear them but enjoy them yes enjoy the symptoms then you will make your anxiety weaker and weaker keep practising this it realy works well and then it eliminates anxiety for good you don't feel it anymore as you don't fear it anymore that's the secret !!!!

No worry about the grammar - I speak a lot of broken words and run on with my own thoughts. I like the idea of dispelling Anxiety as nothing more than a thought process which can be wrestled by facing it, as opposed to feeding it with more fear to which it manifested from. As for over thinking ... My train of thought seems naturally active, therefore I don't mean to stop myself from thinking but more so like you suggest, I do what I can to accept the situation to alleviate the anxiety. Change the way I am thinking. Sometimes, I may just have to change what I am thinking about instead of the thought process. I suppose there is more than one way to combat the mind when it seeks to control us in such a fashion - constantly assessing and judging. Just make a decision, stick with that and move on. Of course how you do that, might negatively impact others, so it pays not to be such an ass hole about it. The world has enough of those in it, despite their claims of being well adjusted citizens.

What you describe reminds me of those methods where people go out in search of conflict to overcome their fears. I think it has some merit, however when I am not strong enough, I find it makes me worse off. I also question why I would want to go stand in lines when I really seek to avoid such situations. Just as I would change my thoughts instead of telling myself I am thinking all wrong, I would simply stay out of the kitchen if I did not want to be burned. I have no problem avoiding a tense situation if I can do so. In actual fact, the longer I am able to live in peace, the more able I can tolerate my space being invaded and or my ears bombarded by outsiders. The more I expose myself to triggers, the more I regress.

Desensitization ... I guess it has merit for certain situations that one can not avoid, however I'd be careful what it is that I am desensitizing myself from. In that regard, the world in insensitive as it is. A lot of thick skinned people who have got a grip on everything ... AKA - Ass Holes with more than they need and nothing to give. All they do is fight. The ones that call themselves Peace Makers are the worst ones - what ever excuse works I guess.

Interesting concept you share ...
Thank You.

Edit ... see how I over shoot the mark myself. That's OK though - I embrace that fact and leave it as is - I like to think I understand a little how the mind works, so not too worried about it and spit it out as I must.
What I am editing about though is ... how you say - Identify the chemical process that's taking place - "how one feels" - that's quite an effective technique and one that I wholeheartedly agree with. That's the most effective way to catch oneself out - a mirror is usually good for that or reflection in a window - OR even other people that look at you that feel the same way... Sheesh, do I look that Tense, Foul, Repugnant and or Fake and Shallow Too? (the last two highlight those who think they have it all sown up, yet unknowingly repel what they cannot see) Humans - what ya gona do.

cindy_xox
07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
I agree with the fact that '','' and ''.'' should be use. I hate to have the feeling of reading fast lol.
But I heard so many times not to fight the anxiety. To fight it only makes it worse and it never stop. Like a cercle.