PDA

View Full Version : throwing In the white towel

hypochondriac1993
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Hey guys. I'm giving up. Ive had GAD for about 3 years and panic attacks for about 8 months. It's all gone down hill from there. Rock bottom. It's been up and Down for me. I've read books, tried different methods, changed my diet, exercised, vitamin supplements, and herbal. And it just won't go away. My gad resolves around constant impending doom(like it's my last day to live or something bad is gonna happen), on and off hypochondria, irrational fears of strokes, brain anneurisms, etc., and worried about loved ones and health. And depression. I've had SO many symptoms, and never feel good. Convinced I have a brain tumor or something. Anyways, I'm putting my pride aside, and gonna go on a SSRI. Any suggestions for a good one for these types of problems. I know it's a trial and error process. Any experiences you wanna share? Thanks

hypochondriac1993
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Thank you so much.

trinidiva
02-19-2014, 06:02 PM
I felt the same way as you. Im currently on Zoloft. Once I got past the first 4-6 weeks, I felt so much better.....kind of how I felt before I started to experience anxiety symptoms. I tried Lexapro but it wasn't for me. Just know that you may have to try a few before you find the one that works for you.

hypochondriac1993
02-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Great to hear you're doing better. Any side effects experienced? I think that's why I I've been avoiding them. Scared of the possible side effects, and I don't know if there safe.

spartymum
02-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Try min tran you can but it on amazon I get it from my chiropractor it's all natural and it's working for me . Just a suggestion before you try ssri

Goomba
02-19-2014, 10:03 PM
I went through what you are describing. If you're not sick that you know of (not that your fear of) I'd stay away from meds. Its a perpetuator of the "I'm convinced something is wrong with me". Testing helped me get through it. That and really digging deep into myself, finding out what I am afraid of. For me that impending doom was fear of not knowing what I want to do next in my life, and not currently having a means to live my dreams. I felt as if I had lived past my prime (and Im only 23) to do the things that I wanted, and I had an intense fear that I would check out before I got to live my life. I've had all the symptoms. Recovery for me started with truly accepting that you're okay, living in the moment, and taking control of your life. Herbal supplements and all that other stuff are just tools. Digging deep and finding you is the method.

hypochondriac1993
02-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Thank you so much guys