PDA

View Full Version : Well i think it's time for a change!

Myles Jeffries
02-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Hello all!

So if you read my last post I'm happy to inform you all the Celexa withdrawal symptoms have subsided. In addition I got a new job at a health food store! Exciting news! But! The reason for this is to inform everyone that I am going to attempt a herbal/holistic approach to the ADHD and anxiety and try to get off the meds. My main goal is 100% no drugs, but just the use of a healthy diet and vitamins! I'm trying out St. John's wort, valerian (an herb for anxiety), ginko berry for the ADHD, and calcium/magnesium to aid in the absorption. I will update everyone on the progress of how this works and the process of slowly trying out without the meds. Wish me luck! (:

Myles!

jessed03
02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Hey Myles.

I wasn't involved in your first thread, but nonetheless, it all sounds pretty positive for you. I'm glad withdrawal is done and dusted, that's not always the nicest of times. Celexa isn't usually too bad to withdraw, so that's something. If it was Paxil, you'd probably still be withdrawing this time next year!

Congrats on your new job. You seem made for the role. I hope you manage to get somewhere going down the herbal route.

Good luck

Dahila
02-18-2014, 09:45 PM
Nice, keep us posted how the herbal/holistic approach works:)

Myles Jeffries
02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
So an update. I haven't taken Celexa or xanex for over two weeks now and I'm starting to feel a lot better! For a while it was rough. I was constantly nauseous, had a headache all day, and my ears felt like they were blocked up. Now all I have is the ear blockage which I've been using a homeopathic medicine called Kali Mir which has worked wonders! As for vitamins, in the morning I take a multivitamin, fish oil, b12, iron, ginko, calcium, and valerian root. In the afternoon I retake the calcium and in the evening I take more b12, iron, fish oil, and calcium. Overall I've Seen a huge improvement! If anyone has any questions about these supplements feel free to send me a message or ask on here and I can try to give some information! (:

Fourteen14
02-26-2014, 09:45 AM
So an update. I haven't taken Celexa or xanex for over two weeks now and I'm starting to feel a lot better! For a while it was rough. I was constantly nauseous, had a headache all day, and my ears felt like they were blocked up. Now all I have is the ear blockage which I've been using a homeopathic medicine called Kali Mir which has worked wonders! As for vitamins, in the morning I take a multivitamin, fish oil, b12, iron, ginko, calcium, and valerian root. In the afternoon I retake the calcium and in the evening I take more b12, iron, fish oil, and calcium. Overall I've Seen a huge improvement! If anyone has any questions about these supplements feel free to send me a message or ask on here and I can try to give some information! (:

Myles this is GREAT NEWS!!

I wanted bump up your thread so others can see this!