PDA

View Full Version : Remeron

cat2
02-18-2014, 07:49 PM
M on remeron and klonopin for 3 months and still have anxiety. I could not tolerate celexa or any other ssri . I still feel awful

jessed03
02-18-2014, 07:57 PM
M on remeron and klonopin for 3 months and still have anxiety. I could not tolerate celexa or any other ssri . I still feel awful

What dose?

cat2
02-18-2014, 10:55 PM
30 on remeron 5 on klonopin. I feel worse during the day

jessed03
02-19-2014, 02:19 PM
That's disappointing cat.

Do you have any ideas of what you plan to do about it?

Do you plan to increase your dose again? Are you doing therapy?

cat2
02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
I've done therapy in the past and after a year and a half they said they could not help me. Not sure dr will increase the klonopin as it's addicting. I've heard remeron really only works on 30mg.,that 45 doesn't help,and has more side effects. I can't take ssri

alankay
02-20-2014, 08:03 AM
.5 mg off klonopin is a low dose and for high anxiety and might need to be higher. At some point the doc and you need to decide what's worse...hideously high anxiety or using klonopin to lower anxiety while you work on it in other ways also.
Yeah thanks to Dr Ashton benzos are now like crack cocaine, heroin or worse to some. She's an idiot and a charlatan. She takes the worst case examples or over rx'ing and tries to paint that as how all docs and patients use benzos. What a joke.
I have news for her, in the real word benzos still be be used by many tens of million of docs and patients for many years into the future. Why???? Utter utility. Shear utter utility...they work for the vast majority with a wide safety margin.
Just use them right. They are not an answer but part of one for many folks. Alankay

alankay
02-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Love the pic 13th.:)

Dahila
02-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Alan are you talking about the old hag? She did a lot of bad things, even my old **** doc believe that benzos are bad, it is for now. For years she was writing prescription on Ativan to everyone, every of her patients come out with prescription on Ativan.
When I asked her a year ago for something to help me while I have panic attack I heard NOOOOOOOOO i am not writing this anymore. You need to calm down somehow. She did not offer other option that SRRI which I do not tolerate.....
I know that people abuse benzos, but we are not. We need them to survive. I need to function in work, and 0.5 clonazepam a day helps me to achieve it

jessed03
02-20-2014, 09:52 AM
.5 mg off klonopin is a low dose and for high anxiety and might need to be higher. At some point the doc and you need to decide what's worse...hideously high anxiety or using klonopin to lower anxiety while you work on it in other ways also.
Yeah thanks to Dr Ashton benzos are now like crack cocaine, heroin or worse to some. She's an idiot and a charlatan. She takes the worst case examples or over rx'ing and tries to paint that as how all docs and patients use benzos. What a joke.
I have news for her, in the real word benzos still be be used by many tens of million of docs and patients for many years into the future. Why???? Utter utility. Shear utter utility...they work for the vast majority with a wide safety margin.
Just use them right. They are not an answer but part of one for many folks. Alankay

Good point Alan. Sadly I do have more chance of getting heroin from my doc than benzos!!

cat2
02-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Thank you, I'll talk to my dr about it. I was cutting them in half for frear of addiction and that he may cut me off.

cat2
03-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Love the pic 13th.:) I'm on 1 mg of klonopin reduced to two halfs today

cat2
03-03-2014, 09:58 AM
3 seems high

cat2
03-04-2014, 02:11 PM
So today I cut the pill in half 1mg and I'm more anxious