PDA

View Full Version : Scared for my hubby

petrified
02-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi so my husband has a scan tomorrow on his liver, kidneys, pancreas and spleen. People who no me on here will probs no his medical history as I've spoke of it before. But he has liver cirrhosis after years of alcohol abuse. Any how after his routine blood test (he has a lot of them), it's come back showing he has an abnormal blood count in his spleen. Does anyone no what can cause this? All google is telling me is that it's cancer which has me so freaked out and terrified as his sister was diagnosed with cervical cancer on Friday :-(.
Could it be anything else?
Has anyone else had something similar happen?

Enduronman
02-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Our thoughts, hopes, and wishes are with you friend! .....:)

E-Man...

jessed03
02-18-2014, 06:06 PM
With stuff like this in the past concerning family members, I've done some of the deepest research, been convinced good/bad outcomes are gonna happen based on symptoms, and have just been spectacularly wrong so many times.

I would hate to even speculate, sorry.

I've given up trying to guess the results of tests now. Even when some things have seemed certain, it's turned out not to be that etc.
The only way to know what it is, is by the doctor showing you the result. Then you think about it fully. Until that happens, going over it just gives you false fear or false hope, and neither is good.

I wish you all the best! Your family deserve good news.

NeverToo...Fear
02-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm hoping the best for your hubby, Hannah ! Let us know how the test results go, and hopefully, he will be in the clear... I know it's scary because his sister was diagnosed with cancer and the abnormal blood count in his spleen.. just try and stay positive and not think about what google has said!

As the saying goes, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" But until then, positive thinking! Stay strong <3

ab123
02-18-2014, 06:49 PM
I will pray for your family, please let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

petrified
02-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Thanks everyone I really appreciate your kind words. Just hoping sleep will come as its 2:15am here and it's not looking hopeful. I wish I could take a leaf out my hubby's book who's taking it all in his stride and is snoring rather loudly next to me right now, while I'm lying worrying right now. But my fingers and toes are firmly crossed for a good result tomorrow

petrified
02-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone, so he's had his scan today just the week long wait in the results now. But I'm feeling miles more positive today.
He's strong a beaten loads so we WILL get through whatever happens. But fingers crossed the results will be fine :-)
Thanks for listening to me last night :-)

petrified
02-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Glad you're feeling more positive today. Hopefully the week will pass quickly for you. :)

Thanks, me too :-)

GYDA
02-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Hope you get good results! :) Anxiety is just as strong when you're worrying about other people and not yourself so it's very hard, but hopefully you'll have a massive weight off your shoulders this time next week.

petrified
02-20-2014, 02:54 AM
Hope you get good results! :) Anxiety is just as strong when you're worrying about other people and not yourself so it's very hard, but hopefully you'll have a massive weight off your shoulders this time next week.

petrified
02-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi all the hubby's results were back today and it turns out his bloods were due to something called hyperspleenism. It's supposed to be a result of his cirrhosis.
Has anyone got any knowledge or dealings with hyperspleenism?
Just he can't get an appointment with his gp til next week and I stay away from google now for obvious reasons lol