PDA

View Full Version : hello :)

madi
02-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi,
My name is Madison and I'm from Seattle WA. I've come here for support and information. I have been struggling with anxiety for years on and off. Mostly my problems come from a vestibular imbalance which attacks my equilibrium. I know quite a few people have addressed similar issues as well. When I feel ok, I like to exercise and eat right.

This time around it started with irregular breathing. I noticed it slightly a few months ago but was still functional. I felt 'air hunger' , and had sigh syndrome when I couldn't get enough air. Had my lungs checked and their ok. EKG is fine too. 2 weeks ago, my blood pressure started getting way high, and my anxiety came back full force. Called EMT twice and was taken to the ER a week later after having a severe panic attack. It was awful, I was sitting in a restaurant with a friend, eating. The sounds from there were too much, loud music, people talking, plates clacking. I finally couldn't take it and as I got up, felt a woosh in my head as though I was having some kind of stroke or seizure. We left and when I got to my place the panic was still there full force, it was as if I couldn't stop it. At the ER, they checked my out and I was relatively ok to leave. The lorazepam injection helped a lot.

I'm now taking Klonopon .5 mg a day or more as needed, lisinopril 5mg, and am probably going to start an SSRI soon.

Still feel very dizzy when I go out, like I'm going to fall or collapse. I tend to stay home for most of the day, which makes me severely depressed as I only just 2 months ago had more freedom.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Yours,
Madi

Dahila
02-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Madi, a lot of people have that problem, including me, you will get the support you need, it is the right place :))

NixonRulz
02-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Welcome, Madi

Sorry that you are dealing with that. It sounds miserable

You've taken a familiar path here to many

You are doing the right things it sounds

I wish you well

Angie 91
02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Welcome Madi.

I hope that you will find some support in here.

Sounds like you are fighting really hard.

There are many people here with similar issues, no worries

Thank you for joining.

Best,

Angie

Boinkers
02-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Hi madi

Why a beautiful name you have

I am sur you have a beautiful face too to go with it :)

Boinkers xxx

Dahila
02-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hack but Angie you are back;))))))))))))