PDA

View Full Version : Pulpitations

hayleyjane112
02-18-2014, 10:53 AM
does any one suffer from palpitations daily ? It worries me that I get them so much!

j brown
02-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes I have them everyday, but after I exercise for the day they seem to get better. I usually do a lot of cardio that tends to help

hayleyjane112
02-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Yeah I'm thinking of changing I diet cutting out tea and coffee and getting back to the gym I always feel good after a workout! Just worrys me there pretty scary!

j brown
02-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Yea I need to cut out drinking coffee, I drink probably only one cup a day, but I know it's not good for me. I use to be addicted to caffeine, that's how I think I developed this palpations And from lack of sleep. That's what the doc told me

ab123
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
My doctor, or I should say one of the doctors I see. Mentioned to me he has the same condition as me. Even the palpitations. He said when he exercises they go away, and he stays away from preservatives and anything unhealthy otherwise they come back. He said two beers will trigger them for the next day. I can't believe he just mentioned it to me after seeing me so much. Lol I have some things going on besides the palps but those sure are what keeps me on edge!!

NixonRulz
02-18-2014, 01:58 PM
does any one suffer from palpitations daily ? It worries me that I get them so much!

I have them many times a day....for many years

Good news is that they will never hurt you, just scare the hell out of you

You will be just fine, palpitations or not

petrified
02-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Yeah I used to get them alot I've now cut back on my caffeine which seems to be helping. I also take beta blockers which really help me. They can be very scary, but as Nixon said they can't hurt you

Kyle Morgan
02-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Yeah I get them frequently, it freaks me out because I think I'm going to die!!! Usually after I've had exercise it tends to go away

hayleyjane112
02-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks a lot :-)

Yeah I keep getting them a lot lately. I have just started slimming world so I'm hoping to get healthy and cut out caffeine :-)

petrified
02-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Slimming world is great my sister has lost 3 stone in a year and is looking great for it. Let us no how you get on in managing your panic attacks :-)

ab123
02-18-2014, 02:30 PM
What is stones? How many pounds is that. Lol American over here.

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 02:33 PM

42lbs Alaina :)

AliasEQ
02-18-2014, 02:35 PM
I used to get them alot before. I had palpitations every day for about 1-2 months. Scary as fuark!

It's all a vicious circle. Nervous->Heart beating a little bit faster->scared->heart beating even faster->even more scared and so on.

I cut out the caffeine completly. I also had my own little theory which helped me alot. I wrote this when I had a panic attack:

"Our heart is like a bridge. The blood is all the vehicles that's passing through. Sometimes, people are stressed to get to work and there will be alot of vehicles passing through, fast. But the bridge will hold, because it's constructed to do so"

Funny theory but it helped me alot :)

Wish you the best!

petrified
02-18-2014, 02:36 PM

Haha I'm pleased 14 answered there I would of had to google that one lol, no there's 14 pound to a stone here :-)

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I used to get them alot before. I had palpitations every day for about 1-2 months. Scary as fuark! It's all a vicious circle. Nervous->Heart beating a little bit faster->scared->heart beating even faster->even more scared and so on. I cut out the caffeine completly. I also had my own little theory which helped me alot. I wrote this when I had a panic attack: "Our heart is like a bridge. The blood is all the vehicles that's passing through. Sometimes, people are stressed to get to work and there will be alot of vehicles passing through, fast. But the bridge will hold, because it's constructed to do so" Funny theory but it helped me alot :) Wish you the best!

That's a very good analogy Alias :)

ab123
02-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Now are you guys talking about palpitations as fast heart rates...skipped bears...or both? I have the skipped beats. Actually pacs instead of pvcs. And I had bigeminy the other day, no fun. But I'm still here and doctors are still not concerned

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Now are you guys talking about palpitations as fast heart rates...skipped bears...or both? I have the skipped beats. Actually pacs instead of pvcs. And I had bigeminy the other day, no fun. But I'm still here and doctors are still not concerned

Have you ever thought about training as a cardiologist?

ab123
02-18-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm way too educated about heart issues for my own good huh. Lol. I talk sometimes and people look at me like what? And my doctor always is impressed...oh lordy. Lol

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm way too educated about heart issues for my own good huh. Lol. I talk sometimes and people look at me like what? And my doctor always is impressed...oh lordy. Lol

We have to have an awareness of the main medical conditions that are simulated in mental health as part of the training (obviously need to know when someone is actually having a heart attack rather than a panic attack), don't want people laying on the clinic floor with a blue face and blood shot eyes, and me just saying "don't worry it will pass" ha ha ha ha ha :D

I have a good friend who is a GP, he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes at me, he says a little knowledge is destructive.

I've been really stressed this last week, have the dizziness and twinges in my chest and arm, I rang him and asked if he thought it was vascular sclerosis ..... He put the phone down :D

spartymum
02-18-2014, 05:15 PM
I am in the medical field myself and it can play tricks on me lol .. I did just go to then gym and I ran 1 mile !! I have to start somewhere my bf wants me to run 13 miles in April :))) think I can do it? Hope it helps with my anxiety !!!

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Oh dear. When they hang up on you that is worrying :) !

I will return the favour one day when he eventually cracks and turns to booze, like all the good doctors do ha ha :)

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 05:35 PM
I am in the medical field myself and it can play tricks on me lol .. I did just go to then gym and I ran 1 mile !! I have to start somewhere my bf wants me to run 13 miles in April :))) think I can do it? Hope it helps with my anxiety !!!

Cool! What area do you work in?

I'm trying to get back into running again, I'm just so unfit right now !

spartymum
02-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Family Practice ... And yes I feel great !

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Family Practice ... And yes I feel great !

Good luck with your training for April! :)

spartymum
02-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Thank you and get motivated you will feel great too 😁

hayleyjane112
02-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Thanks a lot guys ! Roll on the healthy eating and saying goodbye to panic attacks ! X