PDA

View Full Version : Increasing dosage of medication

Ashlee13x
02-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Currently I am on 20mg of Fluoxetine but I don't feel that it is working very well. My anxiety has been a lot better and I haven't had a panic attack in a long while, but i'm slowly starting to feel myself slip a bit backwards! I am thinking of increasing my dose or changing meds. I don't anymore therapy because I am sick of it. I just want to start feeling better through meds and then self help! Any suggestions?

Dweeb
02-18-2014, 04:32 AM
Im going throughnthe same thing with the fluoextine it doesnt seem to be helpin me anymore and can really feel myself goin back to square one :(

Ashlee13x
02-18-2014, 04:35 AM
Yeah exactly! It just doesn't make any difference for me at all anymore!! I am thinking of changing. I have heard citalopram is really good!

Dweeb
02-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Yeah i heard thats good i was on 50mg sertraline before bt that didnt work for me at all gave me chest pains :( bt i think i am goin to ask for something else aswel

Ashlee13x
02-18-2014, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I think it's time book another appointment! *sighs*

AmberGbenga
02-18-2014, 04:43 AM
Oh no ash honey! You were doing so well! Don't worry, I was too... Went 2 months without an attack... But with all
The stress I have going in.. I had my first one in 2 months 2 weeks ago and ice been 'back to square one' since... Don't be disheartened by it. Have you read claire weekes book? I RECOMMEND IT 1000000000x!!!

Ashlee13x
02-18-2014, 04:45 AM
I know... and I do feel that I am still doing well, I just don't want to end up back where I started! Ahh really sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time! What meds are you taking?? No, I haven't what's it called!!! How are you doing at the moment?

AmberGbenga
02-18-2014, 05:11 AM
I'm on 10g of lexapro. Took me 2 weeks of a horrible time but I'm back ontop.. One thing after the other and I exploded.. But I'm back to it.
Well I personally love complete self help for your nerves.. Which is a compilation of her best advice... Realllllly good book, but lots if people suggest hope and help your nerves. I bought both an only last night I realized that the book I have read literally has all the info plus more from the other.. Haha also the panic attack work book by David callening or something like that is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED I have it and havnt read it yet but skimmed through and I am so excited to get through it..!!!!

Ashlee13x
02-18-2014, 05:14 AM
Okay! I've made a docs appointment so I'll see what they put me on! They may just increase my dose but I would rather change meds!! Yeah, I've seen your post and replied!!! Yeah.. I'm done with therapists so the self help book might really help me! I think I am going to order both!

AmberGbenga
02-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Good idea ash! Honestly amazing books!

Enduronman
02-18-2014, 07:44 AM
If you're going to change meds, which I wish you wouldn't, then go with Zoloft or Lexapro!!!!

OK????!!!!!!!......

E-Man...:)

Ashlee13x
02-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Hahahahaha thanks E-man, I will talk to my docs!! I personally want to change but we shall see!!!

BlessedMom
02-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Hahahahaha thanks E-man, I will talk to my docs!! I personally want to change but we shall see!!!

I hope you can find what makes you feel better....med changes can be very tricky but I've also found that us with anxiety have very powerful minds, so if you are "over" your current meds its a good thing you are going to see your doc for a recommendation! Good luck :) Oh and I envy months without a panic attack, WTG!!! That's awesome!

Ashlee13x
02-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Thanks BlessedMom.... Yeah, i'm just going to see what the doc says!! To be without meds eventually will be a dream come true!! Thanks!!! You can do anything you put your mind to!!