PDA

View Full Version : Funny taste

justineLyann
02-17-2014, 09:00 PM
A weird taste on both the sides of my tongue idk why And how to explain the taste !

iloveyu29
02-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Metallic taste??

justineLyann
02-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Metallic taste??

Yea exactly

iloveyu29
02-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Physical signs of anxiety may include increased heart rate and rapid breathing, as well as muscle tension and headache. Hands and feet can become cold, with blood rushing to the larger internal organs. Shaking or shivering is also common, as blood flow changes and the body works to increase its core temperature. This effort to maintain or increase the core body temperature is also why the hands and feet may begin to perspire, despite being cold. Finally, there is often a metallic taste in the mouth, indicating that adrenaline-a hormone that activates the sympathetic nervous system and speeds up metabolism-has entered the blood stream.
Psychologically, anxiety is considered anticipatory, or future-oriented, because it is associated with preparing to cope with upcoming negative events or situations that are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable. The emotions associated with this perception may include feelings of apprehension or dread, general tension, nervousness, irritability and/or restlessness. Cognitive aspects might include difficulty concentrating, increased distractibility and hypervigilance.
The sense of dread or panic often associated with anxiety can lead to panic attacks. Although panic attacks are not a universal feature of anxiety, they are a common occurrence. Like lesser forms of anxiety, panic attacks tend not to have a specific focus. Typically, they occur quite suddenly, and with no warning. The fear associated with a panic attack is generally irrational, although the perception of the danger driving that fear can feel quite real. Those who do experience panic attacks often report feeling as if s/he or she is about to die.
The behavioral changes associated with anxiety can include withdrawal from social situations where there has been a previous experience of anxiety. These changes may also include sleep disruptions, increases in nervous physical expression, like nail biting and/or increased motor activity, like leg bouncing or foot tapping.What Causes Anxiety?
The causes of anxiety are instinctive, behavioral and social. Vigilance around potential threats in the environment is a very primitive survival mechanism called the fight-or-flight response. This is quite normal, adaptive and appropriate if confronted with something unexpected. When this response is disproportionate or the feelings associated with it linger, then there has likely been a shift from fear-an appropriate, direct response to an immediate, recognizable threat-to anxiety, which is an excessive reaction to a perceived threat.
There is some evidence to suggest that brain structures-specifically, the amygdala and hippocampus-play a role in anxiety. In addition, some studies suggest that modeling and socialization can influence the development of an anxious tendency in children.
Clinically, anxiety occurs on a spectrum. General, situational anxiety is usually associated with an ongoing stressor, like a medical condition, financial concerns or relationship issues. Ongoing anxiety associated with a specific stressor-like health or money-that goes on for more than a period of weeks and begins to interfere with daily activities falls into the category of traumatic stress, also known as adjustment disorder. Post-traumatic stress is when the source of stress goes away, but the anxiety associated with it doesn’t. Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is an intense, disruptive level of anxiety that has no specific stressor connected to it. GAD is characterized by excessive, uncontrollable and often irrational worry about everyday things that is disproportionate to the actual source of concern. Generalized anxiety disorder is a very common condition and can develop in anyone, even children.

Applecherry
02-18-2014, 03:14 AM
Sometimes that happens to me, but it's like a sour taste, really gross... most of the time though, it's no kind of taste at all.. I try and eat some of my favorite foods, and they just taste dull and uninteresting. I hate that. :/

mykids12
02-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Yea exactly

I get this quite often. Someone can correct me if im wrong but I believe the stomach makes more acid when were tense or anxious so that causes the nasty metallic or chemical taste in your mouth. Ive been twnse and anxious for the past 2 months and this taste has been there off an on since that time. Even before I was this anxious inwould occasionally get it when i had a lot on my mind.