PDA

View Full Version : All in my head.

lizard0921
02-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Today I woke up @ 5am with a headache, but it's all on my forehead that makes my eyes hurt and nose too. When it's cold outside, my nose hurts when I breathe. I still have some of the headache, well feels sore, but it's on the left front side of my head.

Enduronman
02-17-2014, 03:40 PM
ALL sinuses....get some nasal spray and call me in the morning!!...:)

lizard0921
02-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Is it a sinus infection then, or do you think I should go see my doctor about it?

Enduronman
02-17-2014, 04:38 PM
This is where it gets nasty:
1. If the mucus is any color other than clear, its an infection (generally speaking, yellow, green, nasty)...Infection. (go see doc)
2. If it's clear, then just get some saline nasal spray...the heat in your home is drying you out in the sinuses and you just need to moisten them...
3. Headaches can be caused by either of those above reasons,,,infection, or just too dry...

E-Man..:)

Dahila
02-17-2014, 04:45 PM
What about sinus rinse ? I use it for over 4 years, I think, and sinus infections stops magically..... Had sinuses problems for years....
when you get this kind of headache, use warm, not hot compress on your forehead... it will help with the pain...

Fourteen14
02-17-2014, 04:53 PM
What about sinus rinse ? I use it for over 4 years, I think, and sinus infections stops magically..... Had sinuses problems for years.... when you get this kind of headache, use warm, not hot compress on your forehead... it will help with the pain... Dahila can you recommend a particular rinse? I've suffered with sinus problems for years (really bad at the moment).

I would love to know what you use? :)

NixonRulz
02-17-2014, 04:54 PM
For a sinus infection, they may give you some steroids or something to get through it quickly

lizard0921
02-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I used some nasal drops and they seem to work. I don't have a headache anymore :)

lizard0921
02-18-2014, 09:47 AM
What about sinus rinse ? I use it for over 4 years, I think, and sinus infections stops magically..... Had sinuses problems for years....
when you get this kind of headache, use warm, not hot compress on your forehead... it will help with the pain...

What rinse did you use?

Dahila
02-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Dahila can you recommend a particular rinse? I've suffered with sinus problems for years (really bad at the moment).

I would love to know what you use? :)

Yes neti pot so you do not have pressure and it gives you gentle rince. The solution is pure sea salt, just salt, not anti-caking additives, the best in costco :) 240 ml of filtered or boiled water, luke warm ( actually put my neti pot into microwave for 25 sec) a half of teaspoon salt and a pinch a tiny one of baking soda, so the salt does not burn. I make it fresh each day. From the day 1, I stopped taking corticosteroids for it, and my bleeding nose is not bleeding anymore. It changes the environment, clears the bacteria and moisturize. I was suffering for so many years, not I do this so not colds or flu anymore, and my allergies are controlled better than with the meds. Try to keep temperature close to your body. Not to warm and for sure not to cold. I tried different salts but rock salt has to many minerals and it is difficult to dissolve in water. I usually put the salt into coffee grinder so is very fine :)

Please do not use rinse with anything beside saline, internet is full of solution using essential oils which is very dangerous.. only saline

spartymum
02-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I love my Neti pot but I didn't know not to use tap water??? Why is that?

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Yes neti pot so you do not have pressure and it gives you gentle rince. The solution is pure sea salt, just salt, not anti-caking additives, the best in costco :) 240 ml of filtered or boiled water, luke warm ( actually put my neti pot into microwave for 25 sec) a half of teaspoon salt and a pinch a tiny one of baking soda, so the salt does not burn. I make it fresh each day. From the day 1, I stopped taking corticosteroids for it, and my bleeding nose is not bleeding anymore. It changes the environment, clears the bacteria and moisturize. I was suffering for so many years, not I do this so not colds or flu anymore, and my allergies are controlled better than with the meds. Try to keep temperature close to your body. Not to warm and for sure not to cold. I tried different salts but rock salt has to many minerals and it is difficult to dissolve in water. I usually put the salt into coffee grinder so is very fine :) Please do not use rinse with anything beside saline, internet is full of solution using essential oils which is very dangerous.. only saline

Cheers Dahila I will give that a go!

Dahila
02-18-2014, 12:03 PM
I love my Neti pot but I didn't know not to use tap water??? Why is that?

Chlorine will irritate your nose. :)

lizard0921
02-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks D♥