PDA

View Full Version : Clean House

JoeCool
02-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Does anyone else get into cleaning the house to distract the mind during an anxiety episode? Seems to me that this is my go to distraction. Not sure if my wife appreciates it though. On one hand it's great because we have a really clean house (haha) but on the other, I feel like she feels she must do the same. I tell her it's just me and that I need to distract myself. Of course, with a 5 year old running around there really is quite a lot to do. Or so I tell myself...this is where OCD crosses Anxiety's ugly path... : )

Enduronman
02-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I wish I could clean this place up!...
Nice avatar 13!!! LMAO!!...looks like Jack Black!.....

Have a good day all!

Enduronman....:D

Dahila
02-17-2014, 09:35 AM
I only clean the house when my anxiety is low.....when is high i make a cream or lotion or deo and lately the soaps ;))

NixonRulz
02-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Clean houses and anxious people seem to go hand in hand

If it is not done as a distraction, it is done because most of us are Type A Perfectionists

Enduronman
02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
My personality type INFJ makes it so I don't pay much attention to it, clean and or cluttered. I have alot of crap that needs put up in boxes for sure,..you don't wanna see my supplement shelf in the kitchen!!! LMAO!!....:)

Dahila
02-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Clean houses and anxious people seem to go hand in hand

If it is not done as a distraction, it is done because most of us are Type A Perfectionists
Again you are right Nixonrulz:))

Enduronman
02-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Clutter generally doesn't bother the INFJ..but, you are unique Frankie!!! I've got s**t everywhere...but I know where everything is..weird...:)
My workshop is even worse...tools all over it!!...LMAO!!!.

E. :D

Fourteen14
02-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Clutter generally doesn't bother the INFJ..but, you are unique Frankie!!! I've got s**t everywhere...but I know where everything is..weird...:) My workshop is even worse...tools all over it!!...LMAO!!!. E. :D

INFJ, as in Jung theory? Wow this is a blast from the past!!

Think I had personality disorder or something, mine was always changing if I remember correctly :)

Brews
Not really cleaning so much but I like cooking to get my mind off anxiety, just being around all the ingredients and making something from scratch is soothing and rewarding. Just started cooking like a year ago. It's a good hobby to pick up I think.

Dahila
Clutter generally doesn't bother the INFJ..but, you are unique Frankie!!! I've got s**t everywhere...but I know where everything is..weird...:)
My workshop is even worse...tools all over it!!...LMAO!!!.

E. :D
Same here, when I put my clatter away and make it look nice, I am lost, I can not find what I am looking for. I decide to keep my computer room clattered, the rest of the house I try to keep nice, which is not easy :)))

ravenz61
02-18-2014, 10:27 AM
I clean sometimes to use the nervous energy that anxiety gives me. Years ago I was basically in that black hole that we all seem to fall into. My house was a mess I felt horrible and feared death daily. Then this thought popped into my mind, " well if you die at least your house will be clean" terrible.....lol but it helped. Anything that helps me cope is a relief.