PDA

View Full Version : It was all going so well...

El Lukio
02-17-2014, 01:24 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone is hanging in there. Haven't been on for a few days as we've been real busy at work with flooding.

So yesterday was a really nice sunny day. The first we've had for weeks. I was feeling good (I think the Lustral is starting to work) so went out to do some things in the garden. And then I prolapse a disc in my back! Ouch!

Cue agony, spasms and not being able to walk straight. Off to the GP for pain meds this morning and the osteopath later to see if he can squish it all back together. Oh well, these things are sent to try us I hear :)

Hope you all have a good week - stay safe and well x

El Lukio
02-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Ok, so seen the GP. She could feel that my muscles were in spasm and that I was very tense (I probably was before from the anxiety anyway). She's given me 2mg Diazepam for the muscle spams and 30/500 Cocodamol for the pain. Osteopath later and hopefully he'll be able to loosen me up a bit :)

ab123
02-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Ouch!! Good luck with everything, sounds painful!!

jessed03
02-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Ouch el lukio! Have fun at the osteopath

It does seem at times you can never catch a break when you have anxiety!

Did you get much flooding where you are?

JoeCool
02-17-2014, 08:15 AM
And then I prolapse a disc in my back! Ouch! Cue agony, spasms and not being able to walk straight. Off to the GP for pain meds this morning and the osteopath later to see if he can squish it all back together. Oh well, these things are sent to try us I hear :) Hope you all have a good week - stay safe and well x
Sorry to hear this El Lukio! First a groin strain and now this...it's tough to catch a break!!! I'm glad that you are feeling well, aside from this, of course! Get well my friend.

Enduronman
02-17-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm still sitting here after 7 days, waiting for my insurance company to approve my new back pain meds!! Thankfully, you got what you needed El...

Have a good day bruh!

Enduronman...:)

El Lukio
02-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Cheers guys...when the chips are stacked and all that! Osteopath says it's a torn ligament, not disc which is a relief of sorts. He's on about me having proliferative injection therapy if I can get a GP referral so fingers crossed.

And yes Jesse, we had seriously bad flooding in Herefordshire. There's a gentle babbling brook running through the site at work which turned into a raging torrent for the first time in living memory. Nearly flooded our generator buildings which would've been a disaster. Luckily we got away with it this time.

Fourteen14
02-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Two GP visits in a week! You are just showing off now :)

El Lukio
02-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Two GP visits in a week! You are just showing off now :)

Lol yeah thanks dude! Something must be working! In all fairness, the catastrophic feelings are melting away. Think the Lustral is starting to kick in.

Fourteen14
02-18-2014, 03:17 AM
Lol yeah thanks dude! Something must be working! In all fairness, the catastrophic feelings are melting away. Think the Lustral is starting to kick in.

Don't give the meds all the credit !

You are still in the driving seat, the meds simply clean the engine!

Nice to hear you are doing well :)

Greggs2583
02-18-2014, 03:21 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone is hanging in there. Haven't been on for a few days as we've been real busy at work with flooding.

So yesterday was a really nice sunny day. The first we've had for weeks. I was feeling good (I think the Lustral is starting to work) so went out to do some things in the garden. And then I prolapse a disc in my back! Ouch!

Cue agony, spasms and not being able to walk straight. Off to the GP for pain meds this morning and the osteopath later to see if he can squish it all back together. Oh well, these things are sent to try us I hear :)

Hope you all have a good week - stay safe and well x

Ouch! Well i wish you the best friend! I'm sure you'll recover quickly!