PDA

View Full Version : Worried... Week off college

shelbyp
02-16-2014, 05:11 AM
I'm so worried about this next week off college. I think I'm going to just end up sat in the same spot all week and that makes my anxiety and derealization worse obv it's going to get worse the more I think about it I just don't know what to do :( I don't have much reason to go out of the house but I want to.

jessed03
02-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Do you do anything daily that can help you distract and break up the day?

Going for a run or doing some outdoor exercise really helps break it up.

So does any kind of project really. Trying to learn a song on the guitar, getting some writing done.

Maybe set yourself a mini goal that you can achieve in a week. Get some stuff tidied, do some repainting etc.

I know you said you don't have much reason to get out, but small things can be just the trick. :)

Even one day deciding to try a new recipe, going out to the store, buying all the stuff. It gives you a goal, it gives you purpose, it gives you something to focus on!

External focus is almost like the enemy of anxiety and DP!

Learning to meditate even. You could do that sitting in one spot, and by the end of the week you'll have a mini habit forming that will benefit your life!

Failing that, a lot of us are on Facebook, we play online games, chat, joke, share pics of cats pushing supermarket trollies up hills.. That's a kinda fun distraction for some, you're welcome to add people in the Facebook thread. :)

shelbyp
02-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Thank you :) I've been distracting myself with my animals today Sundays are always the worst :(

jessed03
02-16-2014, 05:16 PM
By playing with your pets, or did you break into the farm? Lol

shelbyp
02-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Haha no playing with my pets....although it could be a farm I have 26 pets....

DaritHamel
02-16-2014, 06:51 PM
I understand how you feel and totally agree with jessed03! My girlfriend is out of town for a couple weeks and it gives me horrible anxiety. Before she left though we made a list of little projects for me to do to keep my mind busy and not worrying. I'm currently making chili! And I'm about to clean our apartment. I've found that I just can't let myself sit on the couch and wait. Reading helps me also. Maybe you can start a new book you've been wanting to read?

shelbyp
02-17-2014, 02:31 AM
Not really a fan of reading :/ thought of a few things I can do to distract myself so I guess I'll see how it goes :)

jessed03
02-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Not really a fan of reading :/ thought of a few things I can do to distract myself so I guess I'll see how it goes :)

Students these days! :)

shelbyp
02-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Haha Yee.... I don't have the attention span for a book!