PDA

View Full Version : made a big mistake

lucy88
02-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Decided to have a drink tonight well what a big mistake i think depressed is an understatement! :(

jjh333
02-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Decided to have a drink tonight well what a big mistake i think depressed is an understatement! :(

post drinking anxiety/depression is the worst!! Remember that you will feel better tomorrow :)

lucy88
02-15-2014, 04:27 PM
I havent actually drank since i got really bad in november. Iand thought i would tonight but feel awful now!

Dorrie23
02-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Hey Lucy. I know exactly what you're going through. Uhh, no I don't, I know about what you're going through. How? Because I've been there. I don't know your situation. If you're trying to stay sober, and slipped up, or what. But, I know I used to be an alcoholic, and swore and promised everyone thousands of times I wouldn't drink, and in a just a very little time, would do it again. Now, I haven't in seven yrs or so, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect, and still don"t mess up in this life from time to time. We're human Lucy. I'm no dr. or therapist, but I do know that when you mess up, or think you have, and then can admit it. Continuing to beat yourself up sure isn't going to help you. I wish I could go back in time and undo a lot of things. And... I still do things I wish i wouldn't have done. We're human. You need to stand up, dust yourself off, look in the mirror and tell yourself just because you fell down, doesn't mean you have to stay there. Please forgive yourself, and just go on living. Take care of yourself, and know I care. Dorrie

lucy88
02-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Ive never had a drink problem i dont kike to drink when im in a bad way because i can see how its addictive. I just feel awful drinking and now im on a downer. I thought maybe i was ready but obviously not. :( i know ill be ok in the morning. Xx

lucy88
02-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Hey Lucy. I know exactly what you're going through. Uhh, no I don't, I know about what you're going through. How? Because I've been there. I don't know your situation. If you're trying to stay sober, and slipped up, or what. But, I know I used to be an alcoholic, and swore and promised everyone thousands of times I wouldn't drink, and in a just a very little time, would do it again. Now, I haven't in seven yrs or so, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect, and still don"t mess up in this life from time to time. We're human Lucy. I'm no dr. or therapist, but I do know that when you mess up, or think you have, and then can admit it. Continuing to beat yourself up sure isn't going to help you. I wish I could go back in time and undo a lot of things. And... I still do things I wish i wouldn't have done. We're human. You need to stand up, dust yourself off, look in the mirror and tell yourself just because you fell down, doesn't mean you have to stay there. Please forgive yourself, and just go on living. Take care of yourself, and know I care. Dorrie

And well done for not drinking in 7 years my dad has a drink problem he starts and stops its hard people dont always understand. X

Dorrie23
02-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Well, hopefully you will feel better in the morning Lucy, and I'm here if you need a friend. Take care, Dorrie

JoeCool
02-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Don't beat yourself up, Lucy! Chalk it up to an error in judgement. Get through this as best you can. Refocus and relax your mind...be kind to yourself.

lucy88
02-16-2014, 04:31 AM
I just went to sleep befor i let it get the better of me.

JoeCool
02-16-2014, 08:21 AM
Hopefully, today is a better day after some rest...

lucy88
02-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Hopefully, today is a better day after some rest...

Yeah im good today i just started overthinking things at the wrong time

JoeCool
02-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Good to hear. Anxiety always creeps in at that moment when we least expect it to. The best thing to do us not provoke it! : )