PDA

View Full Version : Had enough!

philw05
02-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Anyone else had difficulties trying to explain to family , friends etc what anxiety attacks feels like. It's as if they think I'm making it up and looking for attention .

lucy88
02-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah i feel like this. Its not nice. Its hard being so alone no one understands.

elsa
02-15-2014, 03:51 PM
It's really difficult to describe anxiety. Before I realised what it was I had a rough time trying to explain symptoms to my doctor. I was just too terrified to do anything (stuck at home all day & would have a panic attack if left alone) & that was clear to my friends and family. Now I try to describe it as a feeling that comes over me seemingly for no reason. It makes me panic when I have no reason to.

NixonRulz
02-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Walk up behind hem when they are not aware and jam your fingers in their ribs to tickle them

Thats what it is. Out of nowhere

when you are being tickled, its a form of panic

JeffreyGret
02-15-2014, 06:15 PM
People can't understand if they don't have it. Thats what I've found. I didn't understand panic attacks until I had one.

trinidiva
02-15-2014, 08:01 PM
People can't understand if they don't have it. Thats what I've found. I didn't understand panic attacks until I had one.

^^^^^Exactly.

JoeCool
02-16-2014, 12:01 AM
It's really difficult to describe anxiety. Before I realised what it was I had a rough time trying to explain symptoms to my doctor. I was just too terrified to do anything (stuck at home all day & would have a panic attack if left alone) & that was clear to my friends and family. Now I try to describe it as a feeling that comes over me seemingly for no reason. It makes me panic when I have no reason to.
Yes! Completely agree with you Elsa!!! It's an unexplainable feeling that takes over...