PDA

View Full Version : Does lexapro affect sleep in some manner?

Cimi
02-15-2014, 05:41 AM
hey i was just wondering if lexapro affects sleep i some way. i mean i get up 3 or 4 times per night. does my sleeping rythms are messed up? rem sleep messed up naybe?

raggamuffin
02-15-2014, 06:13 AM
Yes it can. It should settle down after the initial few weeks.

Ed

Cimi
02-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Yes it can. It should settle down after the initial few weeks.

Ed

5 weeks now thats why i am asking.thanx

jjh333
02-15-2014, 02:31 PM
i've been on it over a year and my doctor still checks in with me about sleep because SSRIs can totally throw you off. There are times it doesnt bother me but lately it has been a bit.

spartymum
02-15-2014, 02:48 PM
I gained 70 pounds with lexapro and took me forever to wean off not a fan of that one . Hope u feel better

Terre Nova
02-15-2014, 02:52 PM
I gained 70 pounds with lexapro and took me forever to wean off not a fan of that one . Hope u feel better

Did you find something else that works for you?

spartymum
02-15-2014, 03:02 PM
It's called mintran from standard process it's a herbal .. Works great .. And no side effects

raggamuffin
02-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Anything that changes chemistry of body or brain will have side effects. for 5 weeks? It should pass in time. Perhaps it won't. Maybe try naps during the day if you can to top up on sleep. The SSRI's I tried affected sleep so i tried to make up for it when I could. Don't sweat it though, if the SSRI isn't for you then you can try another. There's many routes open with medication. Something you try will be best for you. But it will take time to find out. I'd recommend staying with it for a few more weeks. If it still isn't agreeing with you then try a different route perhaps.

Ed