PDA

View Full Version : Hello! *im scared, help*

dexdy
02-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi guys. Im dexter, 17 years old. I just want to ask something. If this is a anxiety/panic attack or heart attack thing. 4 days ago i woke up with this kind of weird feeling. Im so nervous and i dont know why and my heart is beating really fast. It feels like im nervous without any reason and my hands/feet are sweaty. Sometimes i can feel my heartbeat through my throat. When im suffering with this panic/nervous thing i feel weak,lightheadedness,shortness of breathe, sweaty hands and feet,sometimes chest pain and now i can easily to get nervous about everything. Before this thing happened i have so many traumas and phobias like Im so scared of having a disease and im so scared of dying like everyday in my life ive been thinking about all of thse weird phobias thing. I had an ECG 2 weeks ago and they said that my heart is healthy. Until now i still have this panic/nervous feeling. Last night i cant sleep because when im trying to fall asleep or closing my eyes then suddenly i feel some "mini-panic attack" feeling. Im so scared about this. Is this normal? I think i have a severe anxiety. What do you think guys? Am i going to have a heart attack or this is just anxiety/panic attack? Like i said im scared of having a disease. i hope its nothing serious. Please help me. thanks!

Cimi
02-13-2014, 08:09 PM
i had same issues. it is just anxiety messing with you. first of all yoi should sleep.take some med to help you sleep. next u are fine and dont have a diesease and u will not die. too young to die. so just live how u did before man. stop thinking too much and stop googling if u want a happy life again

Enduronman
02-13-2014, 08:09 PM
See this alllll the time here Dexter, it's just anxiety bruh...All of it. You need to get some help for this, school councelor, Doctor, therapists,,those (3) things will get you straightened back out and follow us here on the forums. Read around on some other threads and such and posts as much as you need too..

No, it isnt a heart attack nor is there anything wrong with you other than an over active mind...that's what feeds this cycle. Your brain..

E-Man...:)

dexdy
02-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Yay! Thank you guys! I hope Ill get better soon. I dont want to sleep with this mini-panic attack thing hahaha

tori_terror_ific
02-14-2014, 06:13 AM
How are you going/feeling now Dexter? :)

dexdy
02-14-2014, 06:18 AM
Still cant sleep because of mini-panic attack/ shocking feeling when trying to fall asleep. And i can still easily to get nervous about everything idunno why :( also my heart is beating fast all day. Is this really anxiety?

tori_terror_ific
02-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Well you can look at this two ways Dexter. the first being that yes, sadly your symptoms suggest that it is textbook GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) or two, that yes it is, so thankfully it isn't a heart attack. Try not to stress Dexter, with time and help you will feel much better. But please don't be afraid to tell someone you need help. Go to a parent or friend or even a doctor. It really will be the better of the decisions you've made, I know it was for me and while I was terrified to ask for help, if I didn't do it I don't exactly know where I would be today.

dexdy
02-14-2014, 07:49 AM
is there something to worry to GAD thing? is it dangerous?

JoeCool
02-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Sounds like GAD...and it's only destructive in that the mind feeds into it...constantly! As E-man noted, if you read around you'll find a lot of us here that suffer through this like you are. You are not alone in this. It's truly about finding an effective coping mechanism to help you through. Meds will work as well. I know it's not as easy as just taking it easy or relaxing...as if you want to feel what you feel. You are ok and what you feel are over active nerves that your body is firing off; perhaps like an imbalance of sorts.

Cimi
02-14-2014, 08:03 AM
it is not gad. you have nothing. it is just a common thing which happens to everyone. just relax.

dexdy
02-14-2014, 08:08 AM
is GAD a serious thing? Should i worry about it?

btw, thank you so much guys! now i know that im not the only one who is suffering about this problem. this forum helped me alot! f**k anxiety!!

JoeCool
02-14-2014, 08:13 AM
GAD is simply generalized anxiety disorder. It encompasses what you are feeling....or sounds like it anyway. It's often accompanied by OCD, this the obsessive thoughts and constant worry. Health related anxiety is very common among a few members here.

dexdy
02-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Soo... what do you think should I do?

JoeCool
02-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Take deep breathes and refocus your thoughts. It's easier said than done but work at it. Do you have a hobby or something to take your mind off of your symptoms or what is hurting. Find that " "thing" that allows you to cope.

dexdy
02-14-2014, 08:41 AM
ok man, thank you guys!

JoeCool
02-14-2014, 09:22 AM
ok man, thank you guys!
Hang in there and be patient with yourself..it's a process to get right again.