PDA

View Full Version : shoveling snow

trinidiva
02-13-2014, 03:13 PM
I dont really shovel snow. In all honesty, I leave it for my hubby to do. Today he wasn't home though and it needed to be done so I went out there to tackle it.

Lets just say...my neck and back are not happy with me right now. It was over a foot, wet and heavy. My heart was pumping out there....of course I was scared to death thinking....heart attack. I finished and im now back inside but now the heart attack fears keep lingering. I dont currently have any chest pain or pressure but just this darn health anxiety I can't seem to shake. Help......

Enduronman
02-13-2014, 03:44 PM
It's ok to get the heart rate up and also healthy to work that muscle too! You'll be fine in that regard, just hope you haven't hurt your back and neck too much friend!!..

E-Man...:)

trinidiva
02-13-2014, 04:06 PM
It's ok to get the heart rate up and also healthy to work that muscle too! You'll be fine in that regard, just hope you haven't hurt your back and neck too much friend!!..

E-Man...:)

Thanks Eman.....I definitely got my heart rate up. I think I just need to take a hot bath to relax my neck and back muscles a bit. Can I just say that I am tired of winter?

Enduronman
02-13-2014, 04:13 PM
It's been a veerryyyy long and gloomy winter to remember for sure...Yes, a hot bath would help that back out too!! :)

Dahila
02-13-2014, 05:57 PM
I am shoveling the snow and cutting friggin grass for ever.... Actually I got the snowblower 4 years ago and it is fine, it is fun, I love snow, cold and winter, no so many allergies, no snake phobias.... you could be a bit sore, tomorrow:)

trinidiva
02-14-2014, 08:33 AM
I am shoveling the snow and cutting friggin grass for ever.... Actually I got the snowblower 4 years ago and it is fine, it is fun, I love snow, cold and winter, no so many allergies, no snake phobias.... you could be a bit sore, tomorrow:)

I am going to go ahead and get a snowblower. I never thought I would need one living in the south, but this winter has proved me wrong. I moved out of the northern part of the US to hopefully escape this mess......lol. Lol....I dont like cutting grass either....I prefer just basic gardening.....
The soreness wasn't as bad as I thought this morning though....thank goodness.

Enduronman
02-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Glad that the soreness passed...(I was worried that you may had thrown your back out, easy to do shoveling, when you generally don't shovel)...
Hi Dahl!

Have a great day you two!!

E-Man..:)

Dahila
02-14-2014, 09:06 AM
I have a small snoblower not the monstrous people buy, it is propelled, and really easy to use. It has electric starter so I can start it with no problem. It was more expensive that the huge one. I wonder why? I love it. 1037

the grass is evil to cut, with my allergies....

Cullingford
02-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Oh Dahila i have never seen one of those before! my god that looks fun! oh I wish i had one of those to play with. :)

Dorrie23
02-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Your too funny A. have a great weekend. Dorrie. Dee Dee, that's what i call her, is a hoot and a half. Really!!!! You need a perk me up, she's the girl for you. :)

Dahila
02-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Oh Dahila i have never seen one of those before! my god that looks fun! oh I wish i had one of those to play with. :)

Culli you are not getting my snowblower, that it:)))

Cullingford
02-14-2014, 12:27 PM
I would'nt be able to stop I would be blowing snow everywhere get out of the way giant kid with snowblower coming through!. I want one bad! :D

Dahila
02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
I would'nt be able to stop I would be blowing snow everywhere get out of the way giant kid with snowblower coming through!. I want one bad! :D

What do you think I do? I clear half of my street to play longer with that baby. Imagine my hubby wanted the big one, and he was not really happy about my choice, now he wants to be healthy (I do not think it will happen) and play with my toy:)))

Cullingford
02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
I bet you do! I always imagined you out there shovelling like poor Trini and I felt sorry for you! no wonder you like winter when you have one of those to play with. It must be hard on your husband having a snowblower and not being able to use it! torture in fact. :)

trinidiva
02-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Just got in from round two of shoveling. This time was much easier....and I dont feel as sore as I did yesterday. Round three of snow comes tonight. Arg!!!!!!

I think the snowblower is an excellent idea!!!!

NixonRulz
02-14-2014, 03:36 PM
20 inches yesterday

7 last night

4 tonight

All with a a 400' foot driveway

I think I'm all done with winter

Fourteen14
02-14-2014, 04:08 PM
20 inches yesterday 7 last night 4 tonight All with a a 400' foot driveway I think I'm all done with winter

Just rain rain and more rain here in blighty!! I would swap the entire summer for some deep snow!!

Only once back in 2010 we got enough of the white stuff and had my snowboard out on the hill at the back of the house.......was as we say "bloody marvellous"....... Or roughly translated.. "Awesome"!

trinidiva
02-14-2014, 05:52 PM
20 inches yesterday

7 last night

4 tonight

All with a a 400' foot driveway

I think I'm all done with winter

Im with you! I think tonight is just a little bit but I dont want to see one more snowflake........

Dahila
02-14-2014, 08:27 PM
tss not snowing yet :))