PDA

View Full Version : Can you atually overcome anxiety??

AliasEQ
02-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Spamming posts again...

This is a question that I've been asking myself for a long time. Can you actually OVERCOME anxiety? Or do you only "snooze" it?

Fourteen14
02-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Spamming posts again... This is a question that I've been asking myself for a long time. Can you actually OVERCOME anxiety? Or do you only "snooze" it?

Overcome extreme forms of it YES , effectively manage it YES, cure it? - hell NO it's in every human alive, and without it we would be mere psychopaths!

AliasEQ
02-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Ah, great answer. I guess people here (Including me) has "extreme" anxiety then?

Enduronman
02-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Agree with 14...and yes, I'm 46 years old and I have had to "snooze" it as you asked...it never leaves you alone entirely. Once these pathways and channels are burnt into your hardwiring,,,,its there. YOU manage IT from that point forward....we are rare and unique to most all others that don't have that hard circuits and pathways. Overly sensitive people, moreso than others without anxiety. :)

Fourteen14
02-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Ah, great answer. I guess people here (Including me) has "extreme" anxiety then?

We all have varying degrees, you will notice yourself that your levels are likely far less extreme than when you first arrived here, (all those nights you thought you were going crazy and worried about symptoms in your body) ;)

So you are proof that your levels can slide up and down, the key to managing effectively is limiting the upper half of the scale :)

Fourteen14
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Agree with 14...and yes, I'm 46 years old and I have had to "snooze" it as you asked...it never leaves you alone entirely. Once these pathways and channels are burnt into your hardwiring,,,,its there. YOU manage IT from that point forward....we are rare and unique to most all others that don't have that hard circuits and pathways. Overly sensitive people, moreso than others without anxiety. :)

Your neural pathways can however be re surfaced though Eman ;)

AliasEQ
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM

Great answer bruh! When did you get your anxiety?

AliasEQ
02-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Your neural pathways can however be re surfaced though Eman ;)

Ah see. I've googled a little bit (cheating) and many people say that you can only "snooze" the problem while other says that you actually can get it back to normal and possibly never get it again.

Enduronman
02-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Gawd I wish I could figure that one out because I wouldn't have this damn IED that hides in the depths of my inner soul...Anti-psychotics, anti-anxiety meds, beta blockers, and still if someone pushes the wrong button on me or anyone I see I wanna react and do damage...been that way since I became an adrenaline junky while stomping a bully into the ground at age 12.. Help???? I can not stop it...I can not be passive and ignore...I WISH!!! (Viking ancestory)..:)

Enduronman
02-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Great answer bruh! When did you get your anxiety?

I had ADD/ADHD when I was born...I was different than everyone else throughout being a toddler, kindergarten, grade school, middle school, into high school..My WHOLE life....anxiety.

AliasEQ
02-13-2014, 03:01 PM
I had ADD/ADHD when I was born...I was different than everyone else throughout being a toddler, kindergarten, grade school, middle school, into high school..My WHOLE life....anxiety.

Oh that must've been f*cking hard :( And here I am complaining over it just because I've had it for 3 months. You're an inspiration man, really!

Enduronman
02-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh that must've been f*cking hard :( And here I am complaining over it just because I've had it for 3 months. You're an inspiration man, really!

Yeah it was hard with my mom locking me in my room just so she could get a break, and the kindergarten teachers trying to calm me down to take a nap like the other 17 kids would..I never did...I was different. LOL!! Still am...YAY!!! Why I'm here. :)

AliasEQ
02-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah it was hard with my mom locking me in my room just so she could get a break, and the kindergarten teachers trying to calm me down to take a nap like the other 17 kids would..I never did...I was different. LOL!! Still am...YAY!!! Why I'm here. :)

You're our crazy pharmacist!! :D btw, WE WANT TO SEE THE PUPPY MAN! :D

Fourteen14
02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Ah see. I've googled a little bit (cheating) and many people say that you can only "snooze" the problem while other says that you actually can get it back to normal and possibly never get it again.

If you weren't able to make permanent changes then CBT would be rendered entirely ineffective, it doesn't work for all conditions but certainly anxiety and depression has around a 75% success rate.

Google can take you so far with opinions, unfortunately not everyone shouts out as much about successes.

EonBlue
02-13-2014, 06:50 PM
I've thought about this countless times as well. I've come to the answer at I don't need to come to any answer. Because it's an impossible question. Is anyone free from anxiety? No. And I think pop trends from psychology and psychiatry research and "science" have done a glorious job of oversimplifying the origins of anxiety disorders. Yes I think you can change, but I don't think many or most people will. Anxiety disorders are complex-formed habitual, behavioral, socially driven, physiological, often times trauma based things that are mediated or reduced by reinforcement. No I don't think anyone's born with anxiety disorders, they are born with anxiety perhaps ; the ability to experience anxiety more intensely. I know that schemas play a big role in this stuff. Is it a belief deep down that you must avoid all things that could be dangerous? Do you have to be right all the time? Did you learn at some point to handle your scary thoughts a certain way? Did you learn to or were conditioned while young, by whatever forces, to behave a certain way?

Now I can tell you most certainly a major part of anxiety is biologic. I remember going from sixth grade to seventh. Puberty - the switches get turned on or off in the genes. Things change. Epigenetics. That's a whole other story in itself. ..fascinating and complicated. There are so many factors. The reason why people that take every med under the sun that modern science has to offer still come out with their anxiety is because that meds can't possibly fix an anxiety disorder. Neurons that wire together, fire together. Neuron clusters also work together by association. Once one node lights up, and you think of another thing - another node (neuronal cluster) forms and the two are associated. Associative priming works like this. Then you have a fan effect. That's why you commonly get the same thoughts from the same triggers, or the same thought often comes from another - automatically. Neurons that wire together fire together. If you establish a pathway yes it will be there for a long time. But you can prune them away and make others. This is why medication isn't the answer to an anxiety disorder. It doesn't go deep enough. It can't.

It takes looking at yourself and changing some very basic habits and ways of viewing and interacting with the world, if you don't want to be crippled with anxiety forever. I think those with anxiety are highly intelligent and sensitive with a delicate and precise consciousness.

jessed03
02-13-2014, 06:57 PM
I've thought about this countless times as well. I've come to the answer at I don't need to come to any answer. Because it's an impossible question. Is anyone free from anxiety? No. And I think pop trends from psychology and psychiatry research and "science" have done a glorious job of oversimplifying the origins of anxiety disorders. Yes I think you can change, but I don't think many or most people will. Anxiety disorders are complex-formed habitual, behavioral, socially driven, physiological, often times trauma based things that are mediated or reduced by reinforcement. No I don't think anyone's born with anxiety disorders, they are born with anxiety perhaps ; the ability to experience anxiety more intensely. I know that schemas play a big role in this stuff. Is it a belief deep down that you must avoid all things that could be dangerous? Do you have to be right all the time? Did you learn at some point to handle your scary thoughts a certain way? Did you learn to or were conditioned while young, by whatever forces, to behave a certain way?

Now I can tell you most certainly a major part of anxiety is biologic. I remember going from sixth grade to seventh. Puberty - the switches get turned on or off in the genes. Things change. Epigenetics. That's a whole other story in itself. ..fascinating and complicated. There are so many factors. The reason why people that take every med under the sun that modern science has to offer still come out with their anxiety is because that meds can't possibly fix an anxiety disorder. Neurons that wire together, fire together. Neuron clusters also work together by association. Once one node lights up, and you think of another thing - another node (neuronal cluster) forms and the two are associated. Associative priming works like this. Then you have a fan effect. That's why you commonly get the same thoughts from the same triggers, or the same thought often comes from another - automatically. Neurons that wire together fire together. If you establish a pathway yes it will be there for a long time. But you can prune them away and make others. This is why medication isn't the answer to an anxiety disorder. It doesn't go deep enough. It can't.

It takes looking at yourself and changing some very basic habits and ways of viewing and interacting with the world, if you don't want to be crippled with anxiety forever. I think those with anxiety are highly intelligent and sensitive with a delicate and precise consciousness.

Very good post.

EonBlue
02-13-2014, 07:09 PM
What I think gets lost with visiting to doctors and relating to ourselves and talking especially with others is that we all sort of start to refer and regard ourselves as I'm "this" or I'm " that" ..what does that even mean? Haven't we forgotten that we are all unique and individual people? We all have our own wiring firing going -mechanism and the story of our brains is so complex only we truly really understand it.

It helps to think of ourselves that way and not as some cookie cutter case. We all have to work with what we've got.

HockeyRules
02-13-2014, 10:06 PM
What I think gets lost with visiting to doctors and relating to ourselves and talking especially with others is that we all sort of start to refer and regard ourselves as I'm "this" or I'm " that" ..what does that even mean? Haven't we forgotten that we are all unique and individual people? We all have our own wiring firing going -mechanism and the story of our brains is so complex only we truly really understand it. It helps to think of ourselves that way and not as some cookie cutter case. We all have to work with what we've got.

Right on....... Good post.