PDA

View Full Version : Hearing and anxiety.

MM67
02-12-2014, 11:27 PM
I think I may have posted this before a while back but didn't come back to check for replies. Just wondering if anyone has any hearing issues with their anxiety. Last year I went through a traumatic experience and it kicked off my anxiety big time, since then from time to time my hearing changes so things will seem louder to me and my ears can get sensitive. I've seen an audiologist who explained that it was the fight or flight response to do with anxiety, just seeing if their is anyone else out there who experiences this. Thanks!

ab123
02-13-2014, 12:26 AM
I experience a feeling like my ears need to pop, and I have pulsatile tinnitus. But it's always after a stressful day, or when Ove been stressed for long periods of time. Totally anxiety.

vaguekage
02-13-2014, 01:29 AM
I've been having problems with noise/sound almost everyday for about 4 years now. Especially since the first factor which lead to my anxiety was a sound. It's like living in hell with my attention drawn towards those sounds. I can hear low sound coming from all directions and when I ask my parents if they hear anything, they say no! At first I thought I was going crazy but now I'm sure it was all due to anxiety.
Everything goes back to normal once we are no longer depressed/in panic state.
But I wonder if someone has some methods to cope with this problem.