PDA

View Full Version : Klonopin and alcohol?

Amy Smith
02-12-2014, 09:54 AM
I've been on Klonopin, Buspar, and Celexa since June last year, haven't had a sip of any alcohol since, because my Dr said it will make me do weird things (lol) Would a glass of wine hurt me? I would just like to enjoy a glass of wine every now and then but I'm afraid what it will do to me with the meds I am on.

Enduronman
02-12-2014, 10:28 AM
It WILL increase the effects of the medications, but, one glass of wine isn't going to be or cause anything devastating to happen or take place. If anything, you'll get reeealllyyyy tired (klonopin effect increases)...as long as it's every "now and then" friend..
If you did it everyday, you would increase the "concentrations" of the medications in your blood stream which would mean you'd be wayyyy more sedated than you should be.
Enjoy a glass of wine for us all!!! (believe it or not it may actually be kinda good to clean out the kidneys, they work realllyy hard while taking medications, kindof "detoxify" them...IMHO)....YAY!!!

E-Man...:)

Amy Smith
02-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Maybe I'll have to give it a go and see how I feel , hopefully my anxiety level doesn't go out of hand lol.
It WILL increase the effects of the medications, but, one glass of wine isn't going to be or cause anything devastating to happen or take place. If anything, you'll get reeealllyyyy tired (klonopin effect increases)...as long as it's every "now and then" friend..
If you did it everyday, you would increase the "concentrations" of the medications in your blood stream which would mean you'd be wayyyy more sedated than you should be.
Enjoy a glass of wine for us all!!! (believe it or not it may actually be kinda good to clean out the kidneys, they work realllyy hard while taking medications, kindof "detoxify" them...IMHO)....YAY!!!

E-Man...:)