PDA

View Full Version : Can you have a panic attack when waking?

ButterflyGirl82
03-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I sometimes wake up and my heart is racing. Then I start thinking about how shitty my day is going to be with all my anxiety, aches, pains, saddness, then I start thinking about how I'm going to take my pills and the worry that I am going to take them incorrectly.

Do you think it is possible for me subconsciously while sleeping to activate that sort of response in my bodies anticipation of the day?

I take 25 mg of Atenolol initially because I was having (now that I look on it) too much anxiety and it was giving me weird beats (palps) from my MVP or just from anxiety. And they suggested 50 split morning/night to keep my heart rate down because for awhile it was going up to 110/120. But lately its been staying under a hundred and 65 when I'm just sitting all day since taking it in the morning.

I also started 0.25 klonopin once a day (but I can take it 3 times a day). 20 mg prozac in the morning (for almost 2 weeks) and 50 mg Trazodone at night. Sometimes I take tynelol or excedrin aspiring free (Stuff in tynelol) with caffeine for my headaches.

I think my heartrate seemed to say pretty normal by taking the atenolol in the morning and perhaps the klonopin is helping keeping me more calm not sure.

What do you all think?

lovejunkie
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
i wake up in a panic sometimes and its the worst, you just want to start crying and stay at home! i try to get up a bit early and have a cup of tea and put on some tv or something to distract me - seeing other people on the news or whatever makes me feel more normal :)