PDA

View Full Version : New here.

paisley_pony
02-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Hello all,

I'm 33 from Missouri. I had a baby in May 2012, several months later I experienced my first panic attack. It was one of the scariest things I've been through. I attributed it to the supplement, Fenugreek for Breast Feeding. Several months later I had another. I eventually went off the supplement yet they have continued and are only getting worse. I'm a very mind over matter person and its beyond frustrating to me that I cannot control or overcome these. It's physically and mentally tasking. Last week I had my first one in front of my toddler and that was horrible. Anyways. I look forward to the support from others and hope I can offer it in return.

NixonRulz
02-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi Paisley - is that your real name? if so, that is a cool name

The breast feeding stuff didn't give you the panic attack although since you had one and thought it was from that, now you associate the two

That is the start of the cycle

Understanding early and getting your mind out of the grips of panic is huge

Shut it down now and your stay here will be brief

jjh333
02-11-2014, 08:46 PM
where are you from in missouri?? I'm from st louis!

paisley_pony
02-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi Nixon,

No Paisley isn't my real name ... I wanted to name my little on that but it was a no go. Lol

Thanks for the welcome.

I know now that the supplement didn't cause them...now that I am not on it.
It would be nice to blame something.

So how do you manage? I saw in your profile you have been dealing with it awhile...

paisley_pony
02-11-2014, 08:48 PM
where are you from in missouri?? I'm from st louis!

I live 45 minutes West of STL.
How about this snow? Lol

paisley_pony
02-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi Paisley - is that your real name? if so, that is a cool name

The breast feeding stuff didn't give you the panic attack although since you had one and thought it was from that, now you associate the two

That is the start of the cycle

Understanding early and getting your mind out of the grips of panic is huge

Shut it down now and your stay here will be brief

Hi Nixon,

No Paisley isn't my real name ... I wanted to name my little on that but it was a no go. Lol

Thanks for the welcome.

I know now that the supplement didn't cause them...now that I am not on it.
It would be nice to blame something.

So how do you manage? I saw in your profile you have been dealing with it awhile...

jjh333
02-11-2014, 08:53 PM
I live 45 minutes West of STL.
How about this snow? Lol

I went to mizzou, would I pass your hometown on 70 west heading that way? This snow is terrible. I am a student teacher and we are officially going to school until june to make up for days lost. You'll find a lot of help and support here!

Enduronman
02-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Welcome friend!

E-Man..:)

paisley_pony
02-11-2014, 08:58 PM
I went to mizzou, would I pass your hometown on 70 west heading that way? This snow is terrible. I am a student teacher and we are officially going to school until june to make up for days lost. You'll find a lot of help and support here!

Nope I'm down by Washington actually :)I know my step daughters school will also be going until early June....
Dave Murray says we are in a pattern to have a few more winters like this...now if we can believe him...lol

paisley_pony
02-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Welcome friend!

E-Man..:)

Thank you!

Enduronman
02-11-2014, 09:04 PM
YAY!!...I like anxious people that have a positive attitude like you do!! I see that...The Anxiety Hunter's Squad will help you through this mess... we can navigate the areas pretty well.... :)

paisley_pony
02-11-2014, 09:10 PM
YAY!!...I like anxious people that have a positive attitude like you do!! I see that...The Anxiety Hunter's Squad will help you through this mess... we can navigate the areas pretty well.... :)

Sarcastic yes, but I do try to remain positive. I like a challenge now this is the ultimate.