PDA

View Full Version : Back to work

worriedmummy85
02-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Well I have made the decission to go back to work on Monday, I am a medical secretary with severe health anxiety and my boss isn't the most understanding had some pretty awkward conversations with him and been pretty open and co-operative! after telling him I would be back on Monday he then proceeded to say we had this discussion before christmas and you never came back!

I actually almost cried on the phone telling him how hard it had been and how proud of myself I was by going against my doctors advice and coming back to work ( my doctor really feels I am not there yet)!

He has then said he and the partners were thinking about sending me to occupational health and I said I was happy to go if they could get me an appointment before Monday!

Needless to say I am dreding going back on Monday because I am going to get the cold shoulder as he said I should have been more proactive at coming back so it didnt ruin my life

Just needed to get it out

GeneAllen
02-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Yep, they don't understand. Be patient with them, sooner or later someone they love or themselves will get this experience most likely. I hope not but I have seen the most critical people about these things get there due to their resistance to it most likely. I was one of them judgmental ones as well. Peace

Fourteen14
02-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Well I have made the decission to go back to work on Monday, I am a medical secretary with severe health anxiety and my boss isn't the most understanding had some pretty awkward conversations with him and been pretty open and co-operative! after telling him I would be back on Monday he then proceeded to say we had this discussion before christmas and you never came back! I actually almost cried on the phone telling him how hard it had been and how proud of myself I was by going against my doctors advice and coming back to work ( my doctor really feels I am not there yet)! He has then said he and the partners were thinking about sending me to occupational health and I said I was happy to go if they could get me an appointment before Monday! Needless to say I am dreding going back on Monday because I am going to get the cold shoulder as he said I should have been more proactive at coming back so it didnt ruin my life Just needed to get it out

I'm assuming you are based in the UK?

If so your boss should really be aware that if your doc has signed you off work, and they are being awkward about you having the time off, this is bordering harassment. Personally I would make sure you have the oc health referral, if they put a recommendation forward that you come back to work on a staged return, your boss hasn't got much of a leg to stand on.

GeneAllen
02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Well I have made the decission to go back to work on Monday, I am a medical secretary with severe health anxiety and my boss isn't the most understanding had some pretty awkward conversations with him and been pretty open and co-operative! after telling him I would be back on Monday he then proceeded to say we had this discussion before christmas and you never came back!

I actually almost cried on the phone telling him how hard it had been and how proud of myself I was by going against my doctors advice and coming back to work ( my doctor really feels I am not there yet)!

He has then said he and the partners were thinking about sending me to occupational health and I said I was happy to go if they could get me an appointment before Monday!

Needless to say I am dreding going back on Monday because I am going to get the cold shoulder as he said I should have been more proactive at coming back so it didnt ruin my life

Just needed to get it out

Proud of you. Regardless of what you do. You're doing well.
Peace

worriedmummy85
02-11-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm assuming you are based in the UK?

If so your boss should really be aware that if your doc has signed you off work, and they are being awkward about you having the time off, this is bordering harassment. Personally I would make sure you have the oc health referral, if they put a recommendation forward that you come back to work on a staged return, your boss hasn't got much of a leg to stand on.

Yeah I am in the uk

He said the occ health referral was not needed now since I am returning to work because I was happy to go, I knew it was just a threat anyway because the senior partner was there when I had my panic attack at work and he called my doctor he also told me to go home as I needed CBT and meds!

He is a gp himself so he knew what was happening even tho I was insisting I was dying!

michelle Smith
02-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Hi...they should start you on phased return hun xxx I know how u feel cos I work for a gp practice as assist practice manager and the work load is intense xx my advice is only do wat u can....dont over do it xx I take one day at a time x I decided to self refer myself for cbt so just waiting for appointment xx if u want to ever talk hun just add me on fb xx