PDA

View Full Version : What should fade first; irrational thoughts and worry or physical symptoms?

WestCanada05
02-09-2014, 10:40 PM
This is something I often think about. In the process of getting over anxiety should physical symptoms fade before the thoughts or do the thoughts disappear first and then the symptoms?

Cimi
02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
This is something I often think about. In the process of getting over anxiety should physical symptoms fade before the thoughts or do the thoughts disappear first and then the symptoms?

i believe that anxiety must go first.those symptomps are result of the cause. so...

El Lukio
02-10-2014, 01:39 AM
i believe that anxiety must go first.those symptomps are result of the cause. so...

I agree. I think you have to find a way to deal with the anxiety before you'll see the physical symptoms go. Once your body has learned to relax, I believe that symptoms will melt away. I hope...

em1
02-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Yes I think if you have no anxiety towards the thoughts then your not giving them any importance and they soon disappear and IF they do come back then treat them as what they are and that's a thought,nothing more,yes they are scary at times and sometimes hard to not think about but they will go

GeneAllen
02-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Check the speech from Doctor Marty Rossman at the University of California. It's free on youtube. Peace