PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about terminal illnesses

hc2233
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I am new to the forum. Over the last 6 months I have been convinced that I had melanoma, uterine cancer, and now stomach cancer is what I am anxious about. I had an endoscope that showed redness that could be consistent with gastritis and the dr suspects mild GERD. My stomach is nervous and upset and I am obsessing about the biopsy results and if they will show precancer or cancer. It takes 7-10 day for the results. I am having difficulty sleeping and spending hours on the internet reading about all the various cancers and precancers I might have. Does anyone struggle with this?

Jem
03-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Oh I sure do! I suffer terribly with health anxiety and I started with a niggling pain in my stomach region (slightly to the left of my middle, around the lower part of my rib cage) which gradually got worse and penetrated through to my back - well I can tell you I was convinced it was either stomach or pancreatic cancer!!!!! I am still getting pain, but have had so many tests all which have revealed nothing. My anxiety is out of control now though so I am dealing with the horrible effects of that too :(