PDA

View Full Version : Natural calm

Blessed
02-09-2014, 05:32 PM
K I tried to research past posts regarding natural calm but didn't really find the answers I was seeking so I am starting this thread I hope I can get some answers . In the process of possibly starting natural calm with calcium. Has anyone had personal experience with it? Can you take it with PPI meds like protonix or need to space out? Can you take it with Prozac? Are there any side effects? Can you overdose? Anyone have any success? Hate to play twenty questions but i do not like taking anything I'm not sure of thanks!!!

NixonRulz
02-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Blessed - E-Man or Jesse are both pretty versed in this

PM them

Blessed
02-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Should u have your magnesium level tested before starting a supplement ?

Blessed
02-09-2014, 07:21 PM
I just took my first foes and now I'm freaking out thinking that I will have side effects or something. Dang I hate being like this but I'm so scared of anything med related. Can anyone shed advice? Is it truly safe? I'm sorry y'all I'm just scared . I know it sounds completely ridiculous to be scared of a mineral but please just help me here thanks for your time

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Agreed^^^^^ you'll be 100% fine Blessed!...:)

Blessed
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Ok lol thank you I'm not whining just over inquisitive tonight :) thanks!

iloveyu29
02-09-2014, 08:09 PM
I been taking magnesium almost a week now. AND for the past 3 days I have been almost anxiety free. Had my small moments but felt like they were masked. And depression has subsided for now. Like others say placebo effect.. who cares if u feel better with In a few days. Cause we never know when we will get a peaceful day again till we totally beat the beast. :) GOOD luck dear. Some words of wisdom

Blessed
02-09-2014, 08:22 PM
I been taking magnesium almost a week now. AND for the past 3 days I have been almost anxiety free. Had my small moments but felt like they were masked. And depression has subsided for now. Like others say placebo effect.. who cares if u feel better with In a few days. Cause we never know when we will get a peaceful day again till we totally beat the beast. :) GOOD luck dear. Some words of wisdom thanks I'm looking forward to some much need anxiety relief here :)

jjh333
02-09-2014, 08:40 PM
how many mgs did you start taking? or what is the best amount to take?

Blessed
02-10-2014, 07:24 AM
I don't have the bottle with me so I don't know the mgs but I started with one teaspoon once a day and will work up to 1.5 teaspoon twice a day eventually if all works well

Scdg17
02-10-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm obsessed with all the little natural calm supplements at whole foods. Here's some that I've tried that seem to work: Bach Flower stress relief, Calms Forte, Anxiety relief globules and 5htp. I rotate them every 3 months bc they start to lose effectiveness.
Good luck!

Blessed
02-10-2014, 04:02 PM
I felt jittery all day .... Could it be related to natural calm last night? I plan on trying it again tonight

Enduronman
02-10-2014, 04:50 PM
hmmm...just wondering why they put (stevia) in this product.. A natural sweetener made from a plant, but I can't take it. I've tried it before in my coffee, gave me the jitters.
Maybe not in your case, maybe it is.
I don't get the jitters from plain ole calcium and magnesium supplements alone..

Jus some thoughts..

Do YOU generally use other sweeteners other than sugar?????...jus curious....may be the culprit.

E-Man...:)

Enduronman
02-10-2014, 04:51 PM
http://voices.yahoo.com/can-stevia-increase-anxiety-7637542.html

Stevia....

E-Man...

Enduronman
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Welcome friend!!...you may be surprised what these low cal subs can do....I know what it did to me after a day! I gave it back to the friend that offered it up. :)

Enduronman
02-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Oh shit!!...Yes, it's in many different products but could very well be adding fuel to the anxiety fire too...Some other whey proteins probably don't have it in there. Drag!!...

leahxox
02-11-2014, 03:12 AM
I been taking magnesium almost a week now. AND for the past 3 days I have been almost anxiety free. Had my small moments but felt like they were masked. And depression has subsided for now. Like others say placebo effect.. who cares if u feel better with In a few days. Cause we never know when we will get a peaceful day again till we totally beat the beast. :) GOOD luck dear. Some words of wisdom

Hope you don't mind me asking :) but how much are you taking?

iloveyu29
02-11-2014, 06:19 AM
Hope you don't mind me asking :) but how much are you taking?

I'm taking 500mg a day. One in morning and one just right before I sleep. But u most definitely can just do 250mg a day and be fine :) some people fear of getting too much. But it's a safe supplement. Give it a try :):) goodluck

weplant
02-19-2014, 11:15 AM
I know how you feel..I have the same anxiety over meds, including supplements. It is awful..I suffer from anxiety panic 24/7..I started a very, very low dose of prozac 4 weeks ago and it has been horrible..The axiety is worse. I am trying to hang in there...However, I do take Natural Calm..I think it is a good mineral for you to take. I take mine in the evening and it does help with sleep..Start low, like a 1/2 tsp., then move up..When your body has enough you will get loose stools (sorry)..Are you taking anything for the anxiey (like Prozac), would love to know how you are doing because I am really struggling...thanks