PDA

View Full Version : stomach bloating, pains, rumbling, etc

JeffreyGret
02-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Hello,
Im looking for anyone that has experienced these same symptoms that has clearly related them to anxiety so I can have a little peace of mind. I have had my anxiety trick me into some ailments in the past (dizziness, lightheadedness, sore throat, naseau, etc) but this one seems to be a little trickier. And I must note, I also am aware that anxiety manifests itself in this way, so it has been pretty infrequent for me to have health concerns knowing this.
However for about 3 weeks now, mainly after I eat I experience rumbling in my stomach, bloating, random pains, gas, and belching. I was recently stressed going through a stressful period while unemployed. However now I am back working and the stressful period has ceased so I've been expecting these symptoms to dissipate. Since I have seen these symptoms on lists of things caused by stress, I'd like to pin them on that, but I know they can also be real concerns so it's hard to decipher! Anyone else had these ailments on account of anxiety and had them resolve themselves?

Thanks!

El Lukio
02-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Hello, Im looking for anyone that has experienced these same symptoms that has clearly related them to anxiety so I can have a little peace of mind. I have had my anxiety trick me into some ailments in the past (dizziness, lightheadedness, sore throat, naseau, etc) but this one seems to be a little trickier. And I must note, I also am aware that anxiety manifests itself in this way, so it has been pretty infrequent for me to have health concerns knowing this. However for about 3 weeks now, mainly after I eat I experience rumbling in my stomach, bloating, random pains, gas, and belching. I was recently stressed going through a stressful period while unemployed. However now I am back working and the stressful period has ceased so I've been expecting these symptoms to dissipate. Since I have seen these symptoms on lists of things caused by stress, I'd like to pin them on that, but I know they can also be real concerns so it's hard to decipher! Anyone else had these ailments on account of anxiety and had them resolve themselves? Thanks!

Hey Jeffrey, welcome aboard.

What you've described are textbook symptoms of anxiety - gastric unease. I'm not entirely sure why it affects us this way but it does. I've had bloating, gas pain (in the weirdest of places), reflux issues etc. since October last year. The belching is incredible too! So freaking loud!

They're all due to my anxiety but my mind tells me it's something worse which in turn makes the symptoms worse and the vicious cycle continues. As you have been through a stressful time, it's no wonder they've flared up.

If you go to your GP, chances are they'll give you antacid medication like ranitidine or Omeprazole. In the meantime, try OTC meds like Tums, Rennie, Gaviscon etc.

Good luck :)

JeffreyGret
02-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the reply, also great beard! It definitely helps to hear this. The only scary thing to me, is that your still experiencing these symptoms? Have you encountered anyone on this board to which this was a thing of the past? Or must we just live with it and try to calm it with meds?

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey Jeffrey, welcome aboard.

What you've described are textbook symptoms of anxiety - gastric unease. I'm not entirely sure why it affects us this way but it does. I've had bloating, gas pain (in the weirdest of places), reflux issues etc. since October last year. The belching is incredible too! So freaking loud!

They're all due to my anxiety but my mind tells me it's something worse which in turn makes the symptoms worse and the vicious cycle continues. As you have been through a stressful time, it's no wonder they've flared up.

If you go to your GP, chances are they'll give you antacid medication like ranitidine or Omeprazole. In the meantime, try OTC meds like Tums, Rennie, Gaviscon etc.

Good luck :)

Agreed!!

E-Man...

Welcome Jeffrey! :)

El Lukio
02-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply, also great beard! It definitely helps to hear this. The only scary thing to me, is that your still experiencing these symptoms? Have you encountered anyone on this board to which this was a thing of the past? Or must we just live with it and try to calm it with meds?

Like all anxiety symptoms, it comes and goes. If I get stuck into something that occupies my mind and I'm not thinking about it, the symptoms go,

Saying that, the last few days since I started magnesium and Vit B, the symptoms seem to be better.

I guess it's something that we've got to live with.

And thanks for the beard complement - it's always a great conversation starter :)

Dweeb
02-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I had this and it was determined that i had IBS

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey Debbie!

Somebody else was asking about IBS here today too...have you seen that posts???

How are you doing???

E-Man...:)

El Lukio
02-09-2014, 12:01 PM
I had this and it was determined that i had IBS

Symptoms I have are synonymous with IBS...it's worse when my anxiety is worse.

JeffreyGret
02-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Like all anxiety symptoms, it comes and goes. If I get stuck into something that occupies my mind and I'm not thinking about it, the symptoms go,

Saying that, the last few days since I started magnesium and Vit B, the symptoms seem to be better.

I guess it's something that we've got to live with.

And thanks for the beard complement - it's always a great conversation starter :)

I actually just picked up a Magnesium supplement after reading about it on this forum. I still have to get a vit b or amino acid supplement as well. Hopefully I can see some change with just the Mag.