PDA

View Full Version : ahh..

ldocherty93
02-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Okay so my new thing with my health anxiety is thinking i have a brain tumour! I keep getting a random runny nose even although i dont have a cold & i googled it the other day & there was a story about that happening to a man and it was actually brain fluid so i've now freaked myself out about this! My necks also sore & i keep getting small bruises on it for no reason. Whats it like to feel normal again & not worry about your health?

Fourteen14
02-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Okay so my new thing with my health anxiety is thinking i have a brain tumour! I keep getting a random runny nose even although i dont have a cold & i googled it the other day & there was a story about that happening to a man and it was actually brain fluid so i've now freaked myself out about this! My necks also sore & i keep getting small bruises on it for no reason. Whats it like to feel normal again & not worry about your health? I can guarantee you in absolute confidence, that in the unlikely event you ever had a brain tumour a runny nose would be the last thing on your mind, as for the bruises (could this be from prodding and poking your neck for those normal and perfectly harmless little lumps we all get)? :) As for your last question. Try and ask yourself the same question "what would it be like to not worry about my health"?

ldocherty93
02-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I can guarantee you in absolute confidence, that in the unlikely event you ever had a brain tumour a runny nose would be the last thing on your mind, as for the bruises (could this be from prodding and poking your neck for those normal and perfectly harmless little lumps we all get)? :) As for your last question. Try and ask yourself the same question "what would it be like to not worry about my health"?

I guess so, i just can't stop thinking about it! I also have sore ears & neck so thats also making me think. I really don't know what the bruises are, hmm. It would be amazing not to worry about every little thing, especially my health! I wish i was back to my normal self which is unlikely.

Fourteen14
02-09-2014, 09:34 AM
I guess so, i just can't stop thinking about it! I also have sore ears & neck so thats also making me think. I really don't know what the bruises are, hmm. It would be amazing not to worry about every little thing, especially my health! I wish i was back to my normal self which is unlikely.

When did you start with the health anxiety?

ldocherty93
02-09-2014, 11:38 AM
When did you start with the health anxiety?

When i was 16, i've had it for 4 years.

Fourteen14
02-09-2014, 02:21 PM
When i was 16, i've had it for 4 years.

Its a really tough one to deal with and probably the most common strand of anxiety disorder.

I read from your other thread that you haven't been on medication for it, have you been offered any kind of therapy to help you manage it?

ldocherty93
02-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm currently waiting on an appointment to see someone about it. The wait is dragging in lol .. gonna chase it up though.