PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft and Bad Breath

trinidiva
02-09-2014, 08:51 AM
So, ive been taking Zoloft for a bit of time now. Im also very into good oral hygiene. My partner told me though, since starting the zoloft my breath seems a little off at times. I went online and read that bad breath can be triggered by Zoloft and it is one of the rare side effects. Im blown......now I have to choose between panic attacks or bad breath? I just went for a checkup, no cavities, no oral issues at all. I brush, floss, etc.

Has anyone dealt with this? I just can't deal with ONE more problem right now....especially not this.

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 09:20 AM
It's because of the excess stomach acids Trin...Get some (omeprazole) or try those tums as your other post had mentioned. Then, it'll stop this bad breath too!....DO NOT STOP the meds,..you're doing SOOOOOOO well on them....

E-Man...:)

trinidiva
02-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks so much Eman.....this has always been one of my big pet peeves....so I really didnt want to feel like I was forced to choose between one or the other. Like you said, ive been doing really well with the meds and don't want to stop, but....I can't deal with the constant worry about breath issues....especially as damn OCD as I am about oral hygiene.

I will try the tums to start.

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Yes!! Its just excess stomach acid Trin...:)

trinidiva
02-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes!! Its just excess stomach acid Trin...:)

Thanks man......what an embarrassing post. O_o