PDA

View Full Version : Help..

lyssarae27
02-09-2014, 03:32 AM
I woke up out of a death sleep with my heart pounding out of my chest and finding it hard to catch my breath. Is something dangerously wrong with me? I can't seem to slow my heart rate even with deep breathing exercises. Am I gonna be okay?

Terre Nova
02-09-2014, 03:45 AM
I woke up out of a death sleep with my heart pounding out of my chest and finding it hard to catch my breath. Is something dangerously wrong with me? I can't seem to slow my heart rate even with deep breathing exercises. Am I gonna be okay?

You will be ok hunny! It is wake up adrenaline!!
I suffer from it every morning! I find taking a benzo at night or in the middle of the night while getting a glass of water, helps the morning fear!
Its awful i know but sometimes in order to live peacefully or the best
we can, we must have a bit if a crutch util we feel better and independent
Thoughts n hugs <3
You will be just fine!! !

lyssarae27
02-09-2014, 03:49 AM
I keep dozing back off but my heart keeps waking me back up. It's beating really hard and rather fast. Sometime I feel like it skipped a beat. I don't need to go to a hospital do I?

rhar
02-09-2014, 03:59 AM
I keep dozing back off but my heart keeps waking me back up. It's beating really hard and rather fast. Sometime I feel like it skipped a beat. I don't need to go to a hospital do I?

This happen to me all the time. I feel like I'm woken up by an electric shock from my heart.

Cimi
02-09-2014, 04:27 AM

you are ok. work on yourself please and take some med when u wake up you will feel better. then start to cope woth it

gemma1788
02-09-2014, 05:23 AM
You poor thing, this has happened to me many times, I had every investigation done and they couldn't find anything wrong and concluded that it was adrenaline overload from anxiety. Just let it beat away and it will slow down eventually. Have you got anything you can take to help?

SSMommy
02-09-2014, 07:07 AM
My recommendation is to let a doctor know what is going on so they can run tests to reassure you. If is best to eliminate any physical cause.

SSMommy
02-09-2014, 07:09 AM
I'm not saying there is a physical cause but making sure there isn't is good for your mental and physical health. It also depends how long these episodes are lasting. Seconds, minutes, 1/2 hour or longer?

lyssarae27
02-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Last night it lasted for about an hour until I finally fell asleep.

lyssarae27
02-09-2014, 08:19 AM
And it's still going right now. I just woke up and I'm sitting in bed and I'm at about 115 beats per minute.

NixonRulz
02-09-2014, 08:21 AM
And it's still going right now. I just woke up and I'm sitting in bed and I'm at about 115 beats per minute.

Stop taking your beat count or pulse

Anxiety will just keep it going every time you do that

SSMommy
02-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Anxiety can cause persistent higher heart rate however other things can too. If it is accompanied by an actual shortness of breath and very rapid heart rate I would be sure to mention it to your doctor so they can run some checks to make sure everything is good. It's worth your peace of mind.

SSMommy
02-09-2014, 08:23 AM
I would drink a couple glasses of water to make sure your hydrated. I would eat a banana or potato with skin (potassium) and agree with Nixon on not actually taking your pulse.

trinidiva
02-09-2014, 08:40 AM
I would drink a couple glasses of water to make sure your hydrated. I would eat a banana or potato with skin (potassium) and agree with Nixon on not actually taking your pulse.

I agree with SS Mommy. Actually 115 isn't a dangerous pulse rate.....I think you are just thinking about it too much. Look up anxiety breathing exercises on the web. Or look up meditation music on you tube. Lay flat on your back, close your eyes, and listen to the music. Relax every muscle in your body. Do this for about 10 minutes. Concentrate on only breathing in through your nose, out through your mouth. Think in your mind about something calming, like waves rolling on a beach, etc.....

I believe you will be fine.