PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks in the moring?

haha287
11-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Hello, im pretty new here but i have been having a pretty rough time lately, and was wondering if anyone is feeling what i'm feeling. anyways, this morning i woke up and all these thoguhts came into my head and were freaking me out and it fgelt like my heart was pounding out of my chest and i thought what i was doing wasnt what i was really doing and got really scared and panicy, i dont know why that happens to me when i wake up, and i have another question does anyone ever think that tehy are seeing things or seeing strange lights or do the things around you seem weird while having an attack? or what do you see if anything while having one? please reply it would make me feel better if anyone else had these same problems! Thanks!

brickyard_red
11-09-2005, 09:55 AM
First of all, let me say a big welcome to you haha287. I'm very glad you found this forum and decided to join up. I'm sure you will meet many others who have the same feelings and problems that you do.

As for your question, I have woken up out of a deep sleep to have my heart pounding and not know what was going on. Yes, my eyes play tricks on me when this happens. I don't know if that is a panic attack or just coming out of a deep sleep too fast. I never really thought of it in that light before. But, do know that you are not alone in this. I'm sure that many others here, other than just me, have had this happen also.

Again, glad to have you here and hope to see you around again soon.

Cath :)

haha287
11-09-2005, 10:34 AM
hey thanks for the reply, i am glad i found this too and i hope more people reply to my earlier post, so i can still see what others are like and if they all have some something in common

shoe
11-10-2005, 07:29 AM
hi haha,

I've never really had a panic attack waking up, but I have felt anxious and a little disoriented on occassion.. but not to the extent that I felt detached from what I was doing, or that it wasn't real.

When I do actually have panic attacks my heart does palpitate and I do start to occassionally get those feelings of derealization and depersonalization. (Derealization is a feeling of unreality, like this isn't happening or its a dream or you're not really playing a part in it. Depersonalization is feeling detached from your own body, almost as if you are watching yourself from outside your body.)

I don't think that I've seen strange things or lights while having panic attacks, I'm not sure what that would be. But, if you're having these thoughts when waking suddenly from sleep, its possible your mind is still a little disoriented and unfocused by being woken in such a way. I know on occassion when I've woken with a start (usually those darn 'falling' dreams), it took me a while to realize where I was, that the dream wasn't real, and that I'm still me (and alive!) and everything in the dream didn't exist.

Bridgie
11-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi haha! Welcome to the forum. Mornings are the worst part of the day for me. I start thinking about all the work I have to do, the surprises that might come up, the problems, the anxiety, and that just makes me feel even more anxious! It's not until late afternoon that I can relax a little.

I've seen spots in front of my eyes once when I had my first HUGE panic attack. I think when you are breathing quickly during a panic attack, maybe there's not enough oxygen getting to your brain, which can cause impaired vision. Well, that's my theory, anyways!

:D

11-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi, I myself have never had a Panic Attack right after waking up, but when I had my First Panic Attack at the Phychiatrist, it was HUGE, I almost hyperventalated, and almost threw up, then I almost passed out in the bathroom, I did not feel good at all, I felt very light headed, and I was sweating really bad, and my skin felt all tingly, my heart was racing, I had a upset stomach, I was very dizzy, I felt like I did't have control over my body, and is all I wanted to do was get out of there and escape the situation, which is exactly what I did. When I got home it took me forever to calm down, and I felt very disoriented. I know I have had several times were I have not been able to go out and do the thing that I have wanted to do because of my anxiety, and it really makes me angry. My Axiety/Panic Attacks are almost to the point were I can't even go out of my own house and do anything. I hope to get some medication from my New Phychiatrist very soon to help with my Anxiety/Panic Attacks.