PDA

View Full Version : So upset with myself

SSMommy
02-07-2014, 07:04 AM
I'm crying right now so upset because I had to pull off the road while driving. My daughter was in the car with me. As some of you know I am trying a reduction in dosage of my beta blockers. Well I just had an 'episode' and had to pull off of the road. SVT brings surges with it sometimes but I know I was anxious over driving alone. Not something I'm typically anxious over but I am hyper vigilant right now because of the reduction.

I don't know if this was a small SVT or if it was a panic attack. They do fuel each other sometimes.

I am to my destination safely but am so very stressed and upset right now.

NixonRulz
02-07-2014, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=SSMommy;157015]I'm crying right now so upset because I had to pull off the road while driving. My daughter was in the car with me. As some of you know I am trying a reduction in dosage of my beta blockers. Well I just had an 'episode' and had to pull off of the road. SVT brings surges with it sometimes but I know I was anxious over driving alone. Not something I'm typically anxious over but I am hyper vigilant right now because of the reduction.

I don't know if this was a small SVT or if it was a panic attack. They do fuel each other sometimes.

Or you could be proud of yourself because you didn't turn around and go home

Overcoming anxiety takes time and you hit bumps in the road

Every negative feeling can be viewed as an issue

Or when things go wrong and you keep going, it should be viewed as a victory

I am to my destination safely but am so very stressed and upset right now.

Dahila
02-07-2014, 07:41 AM
sorry about the situation, I agree with Nixon even small winnings are the winnings :)

SSMommy
02-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Thank you both. I really do think it was a panic Attack because of how long it lasted. Typically my heart issues and SVT would last much longer.

I think I got a surge of adrenaline and my mind started doing the what if what if what if and rolling into catastrophic thinking of me dying on the side of the road with my daughter.

I catastrophically think. I don't with others and can actually give some pretty sound advice. But with myself, it's not so simple.

I was in heavy traffic and already anxious about driving alone for fear of an svt attack. I think the combo set me up for a panic atfack.

Thank you both for trying to get me to focus on the positives.