PDA

View Full Version : "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength."

ab123
02-07-2014, 02:44 AM
I really want to start living by this, I can help so many people with their anxieties, and make rational conclusions for them..But for me? I live in an alternate dimension where I live consumed in my thoughts. One small thing can send me into a spiral of googling, and information seeking. Anything I'm not sure about I immediately jump on the internet and want to find more. Where I agree we should always keep ourselves informed..there also should be a line or a limit. Kind if running on empty with this worrying business. If it's gonna happen...its gonna happen and worrying about it won't stop it. Can someone get that through my head? Bahumbug

TCaf
02-07-2014, 04:34 AM
I totally understand what you are saying, I always joke with my friends I should have an advice column? I'm great helping and giving out advice but can't seem to take own advice. I've always been a worrier and over thinker sometimes I just can't switch off. So no wonder I'm in the position I am. What helps me slightly is googling positive affirmations...

NixonRulz
02-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Somebody in here said when you google you should type "anxiety and..." In front of any symptoms you look up

Still think it's a bad idea to self diagnose but if you must, I thought this to be a great idea

Ponder
02-07-2014, 05:02 AM
Living in a world where information is shoved down ones throat 24/7 - perhaps it's not so much the amount we consume, but what it is the we choose to seek?

Dahila
02-07-2014, 07:49 AM
I think I was happier and less anxious when I did not have such easy access to information. Ignorance is sometimes a blessing, especially for anxiety sufferers. Then again....maybe it is the seeking and maybe we found the answer, and it will be a turning point.
Ab you are panicking, right now. Did you try to meditate or to do some relaxation? It helps a lot.
It is not difficult and brings such relieve....

ab123
02-07-2014, 12:25 PM
The crappy part is I have a benign heart thing that makes my heart act up but it.is of no danger to me, but I'm seeking releif and I know that's a good place to find it, kind of damned If I do, damned if I don't. Lol

em1
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Anxiety makes this question every single thing
Every twinge every heart flutter and on and on
We bring it on so easy and it's scary but everytime I've had a panic attack and nothing had happened to me ( this story you'll know time and time again lol) I think my god why do I keep on having them if I know they are nothing and I'm going to be fine,but at that time of having them it feels like something bad is going to happen and yet it don't
Dam anxiety

NixonRulz
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
The crappy part is I have a benign heart thing that makes my heart act up but it.is of no danger to me, but I'm seeking releif and I know that's a good place to find it, kind of damned If I do, damned if I don't. Lol

That was the hardest part for me as well

Having palpitations is hard enough but having been diagnosed with a few heart related issues, it was easy to believe something bad might actually be happening

I hope you find a good place in your mind with that soon