PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety??

lacerz91
02-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Let's play a common game of "Is this anxiety or a different medical issue?"

I'm so tired of this. I have a very difficult time eating in public. I have had anxiety attacks at restaurants in the past and I can avoid them quite easily. Now, I started a new course last week and I am already familiar with the campus and the professor, so no big deal right? I'm fine during the day, I can focus on my work and get through it easily. Until lunch rolls around, most of the class goes out to eat leaving maybe three or four people in the classroom, and I can eat lunch, but the second I'm done I feel ill. I get nauseous and cramped up which usually results in a bout of diarrhea (gross I know) as soon as that's over everything is back to normal. Now the question is, is this an anxiety thing? I don't freak out, if it is an attack of some kind I'm pretty unaware of it as my heart rate doesn't speed up, and I don't feel like I'm in danger.

The symptoms are not too bad, and I think I can deal with it if need be, but it really sucks not eating for 6 hours.

Sidenote: If you missed my intro thread; I was diagnosed a few months back, though I am still on a wait-list for a psychiatrist and that can be another 4-6 months. So this is still very new to me and I'm kind of ill informed on how anxiety can affect a person.