PDA

View Full Version : Can playing an Instrument clear your Anxiety?

Kyle Morgan
02-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I've been on and off playing the Guitar for the past 3 years, I've found it difficult because at first I gave up too easily, and the last few months have been kinda hectic for me due to all the stress that's going on. My friend said he'd help me improve on the Guitar and gave me lessons, does anyone here play any instruments and do you think they are good to preoccupy yourself and release stress. I love Music, it's probably one of my favourite things ever.

Applecherry
02-05-2014, 03:58 PM
If that's a hobby of yours, definitely.

jessed03
02-05-2014, 03:58 PM
For sure, when I rock out I'm in a different zone.

It's meditation.

Plus it'll be great for your self esteem which is lacking.

Do it 100%.

Make your guitar your mistress.

jessed03
02-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Ah Jesse. What do you rock out to/with?

Well seeing as I'm seven different people, I kind of have my own band of me's. So it sounds pretty cool when I rock out.

But when I'm stressed, and I log off and go solo, I just like fingerpicking some slow tune that speaks to my feelings

Maybe some Damien Rice

jessed03
02-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Damien Rice is cool. I like all your band members lol.I've got quite a funny visual thanks :)

I like Delicate. You like that song of his? The guitars really nice in that. Very soothing. It used to be an old gfs favourite song too, so a little nostalgic :)

NeverToo...Fear
02-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Kyle if you love music, definitely pursue learning guitar ! ..I play guitar on and off as well.. not an expert, but when I play I am most happy. I recommend trying to learn to read music as well as it is very satisfying when you can play a musical piece just by following some dots on a line.. I also play around with a midi keyboard. Not as soothing as a guitar, but it's good fun and distraction. :)

Dang, this thread makes me want to go rock out ;)