PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

itse134
02-05-2014, 07:57 AM
can anyone explain how I can have anxiety wen I rarely feel anxious but I'm stuck with these chest issues and arm issues constantly and it never stops! :( grr

itse134
02-05-2014, 07:58 AM
I've had these symptoms months on end tho

lexkristina
02-05-2014, 08:45 AM
I've had chest pains for YEARS. Deep breathing is really the only thing that helps me. I also play games on my phone to try relaxing and keeping my mind off my chest issues. I had an EKG because my chest was hurting so bad. I thought it was my heart. They told me it was all from my panic disorder. 😔

itse134
02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks. Do u get it constant and does it move around your chest? mines diff places at diff times but mainly left side and it doesn't help that I get arm pain too :( worrys me everytime

lexkristina
02-05-2014, 12:17 PM
My whole chest will feel tight but it's mainly the left side and that's why I got an EKG because I was scared it was my heart 😞

itse134
02-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Mine is usually sharp or dull pain

raggamuffin
02-05-2014, 01:07 PM
I get left arm pains a hell of a lot. Sometimes intense sometimes dull and lasting anything from a few seconds-minutes-hours. Chest pains are common too. All to do with the fight or flight response going haywire> Excess adrenaline around chest wall muscles causes muscles to spasm and feel fatigued which creates the aches.

All good in logical medical terms. But facilitating logic into everyday life when you have an anxiety disorder that clouds judgement and affects emotions with such nonsense as paranoia is difficult to say the least.

Ed

alismami
02-05-2014, 02:40 PM
My chest muscles always feel tight and sometimes it feels like my heart but then my muscles in my chest will spasm so I know it's the muscles also, I've had probably every heart test you can think except a heart cath ... It's just one of those nasty side effects of anxiety my muscles are always tight!

Dahila
02-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Itsy welcome to forum

some interesting facts; click me (http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?1200-Anxiety-Symptoms-The-List)
then some more click me please (http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?12388-Irrational-fears!-Explained)
There are fantastic topics and you will find an ocean of information ;)