PDA

View Full Version : new member intro :)

flutteringbutterfly
02-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Hey everyone!

It is so nice to be a part of a wonderful group like this. I often feel so alone in my struggles with anxiety, particularly as an only child and having my friends live so spread out, lately it has just been me and my journal (and therapist, of course). My family is quite supportive too at times. Anyways, I suffer from very severe anxiety daily and this has probably been going on since I was a young girl. I used to obsess over getting different diseases each year, something different would occupy my free-floating anxiety every month, year, etc. I generally always feel incredibly anxious as though a panic attack is just arising and the fear of death creeps in/ begins to very often. I am now seeing a holistic therapist and learning how this anxiety is connected to all sorts of traumatic experiences I have been through, collectively creating this internalized stream of unspoken feelings, actions left undone, desires unmet. I also took a hallucinogenic over new years eve and had a horribly terrifying experience with that that I have flash backs of frequently now, as well. That was definitely a mistake but now I know to stay away from crazy drugs, especially when you are easily prone to anxiety and not with friends you are very genuinely close to. I used to take Lexapro, then was prescribed Zoloft but felt as though the prescription was way too high, leading a general skepticism over the drug industry in general. From seeing this holistic therapist, I've learned that really being in your anxiety, truly experiencing it, is the best way to heal even though it is so unbearable at times. From really being "in" your anxiety, you can relay your true feelings and the emotional experiences you are going through/recapture old memories authentically. From releasing this negative energy from your chakras, true healing can be achieved and anxiety can diminish. Curious what people's experiences have been with this view. Overall, I am hopeful that the anxiety I am experiencing will one day be gone and I can life comfortably and authentically. Thank you all for reading! Sending healing vibes for everyone!

NixonRulz
02-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Wow. That is deep/ Like really deep.

I am a very spiritual (Sorry Ponder) person and I have to think on this to get my head around it

I believe I like your approach

I did take meds for quite a bit to take the edge off but ultimately "being in your anxiety" as you describe is the key to success

I am interested in seeing more of your posts as you move along

And welcome to the Forum

Good people here

flutteringbutterfly
02-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Wow. That is deep/ Like really deep.

I am a very spiritual (Sorry Ponder) person and I have to think on this to get my head around it

I believe I like your approach

I did take meds for quite a bit to take the edge off but ultimately "being in your anxiety" as you describe is the key to success

I am interested in seeing more of your posts as you move along

And welcome to the Forum

Good people here

Thank you for the welcoming wishes :) I'd be curious of your spiritual practices/ how or why you feel being in your anxiety is the key to success. I forgot to mention that I am not completely prescription drug free and do take 0.25mg of xanax up to twice a day. Currently riding on 2 as we speak wooo a nice break at night

SunflowerBlue
02-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome! :)

SunflowerBlue
02-06-2014, 10:08 AM
I hope you find lots of support here.