PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization/derealization HELP!

shelbyp
02-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Looking for ANY help. Past couple of days I've been depersonalised like my body doesn't feel like my own. I'm managing to keep calm so far but I'm slowly losing the will. The world looks weird I can barely berate half the time and everyday I just feel like I'm slipping away and it sucks

leetbulldog
02-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Looking for ANY help. Past couple of days I've been depersonalised like my body doesn't feel like my own. I'm managing to keep calm so far but I'm slowly losing the will. The world looks weird I can barely berate half the time and everyday I just feel like I'm slipping away and it sucks

yes, it feels awful huh.
Don't feed it with fear and anger. Keep telling your mind it will all soon go away. Just keep fighting it. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Cimi
02-04-2014, 02:10 PM

it goes away just relax.eat well exercise and sleep enough.do as much distracting activity as u can.

shelbyp
02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks guys. I try distracting myself as much as possible but there's only so much you can do with £0 and 0 friends around! I try doing art but I do that all day in college so it gets a Little tiresome after awhile :/

BoBandoCommando
02-04-2014, 02:41 PM
I get the very same same feeling and I'm feeling it now too. It seems like your limbs aren't there and that they're numb. The worst is when your very own head has that unfamiliar feeling like it's weightless.
I tell myself that even though it is a terrifying feeling, I have survived ALL of my panic attacks until this point and WILL continue to do so. The feeling isn't real (even though it seems like your limbs don't belong anymore).
Also, I tell myself there are people on this Earth that thrive who regularly do far worse things to their body. And look at them, I see them everyday walking to the store knowing that they've snorted 20 Oxycontin just so they can feel normal or having done equally unhealthy pill-popping habits daily. You will continue to thrive just as they do.

shelbyp
02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
That a good way to look at it actually. Since I've had this I've gone a lot healthier! I've sort of learned to laugh at myself recently like i just think 'yeah the whole worlds gonna fall from under you like it does every time... Shut up it silly' and giggle to myself makes me sound a little nuts but hey go it helps!

BoBandoCommando
02-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm glad you saw my point I was making :)
It's possible to find humor in about any situation. People can get offended when jokes are made at serious topics, but it's just a way of coping with the subject. If no one could laugh about anything, everything would be just as tragic as the next thing on the list whether it be puppies or tragedy.

AliasEQ
02-04-2014, 03:12 PM
I've had this for 2 months now. First month was horrible but it's only getting better. This month was actually pretty good, I feel like I'm 70-80% cured. It feels like I need that last "click" to get back to normal. Try to distract yourself and try to not think about it. Also, try to not fear it. Eventually it'll fade away :)

Tshoverton
02-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Oh my gosh! I so know how u feel. Im dealing with the same thing right now. Its so aggravating and I know stress has caused mine. Hope you get back to feeling normal soon :)

GeneAllen
02-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I've had this for 2 months now. First month was horrible but it's only getting better. This month was actually pretty good, I feel like I'm 70-80% cured. It feels like I need that last "click" to get back to normal. Try to distract yourself and try to not think about it. Also, try to not fear it. Eventually it'll fade away :)

Great advice, when you stop fearing it, it drops! It's cannot exist when you start allowing it. It's a hard thing to experience, but lasts as long as you fight the mind. Let it be there, and be the

observer, you notice you're alive, and you can still move your arms, legs, the fear makes them feel like they are not yours, then we have the fear of the fear, or fear of it coming back. Trust me it

wants to leave, let it by relaxing. Getting back to the body, grounding foods, go outside, avoid anything synthetic. Peace

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 09:22 AM
I started to. (Excuse me for mention it, kinda gross) but yeah it seems to get worse at 'the time of the month' any other girls get this? And know how to cope with it? Seems to be getting better every other time

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks gene! That's pretty good advice I've tried a few grounding techniques and they're quiet good

GeneAllen
02-10-2014, 09:25 AM
We experience in lower degrees normally with no anxiety. We call it by a different name then like FUN, trippy, etc. Especially when really into a movie, or a fun time at Disney. All the same stuff. It will pass, you're wise. Nothing gross about a natural phenomenon. Very healthy indeed. Peace

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 10:36 AM
I've had that feeling for 2 years now. Well comes and goes, and it scares the heck out of me! It's under control when I'm on meds.

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 10:49 AM
What meds?

Cimi
02-10-2014, 11:00 AM
What meds?

hey as i have been saying it is all a chemical imbalance. those hormones give you that feeling. may i ask how did u get that?

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 11:09 AM
How did I get the derealization? Weed :/

raggamuffin
02-10-2014, 11:20 AM
After wasting 7 years as a stoner I got ht by 2 panic attacks. Second changed me, usual descent into anxiety - lack of safety in my own mind and body. Daily pains and symptoms. Derealization has come and gone in bouts. Symptoms last a lot longer if you spend all day fixating and worrying about the "what if's". Anxiety feeds off fear and worry so you have to keep about your business day to day as best as you can. Realize that the symptoms are horrid yes, but they can't hurt you. Well...they can make you ache or feel really wretched but they're not going to kill you and it's not some underlying hidden disease or anything melodramatic. Anxiety can and does cause all manner of symptoms and pains.

Keep busy, stay as positive as possible and it will pass. It's just your brains way of trying to hide away from the anxiety and stress you've put on it recently and with this withdrawal from the world around you you sink into this strange derealization mode. Let the mind and body recover - it came to this by too much stress and worry. Many anxious people pile additional fear and worry onot symptoms created by those very issues.

Ed

AliasEQ
02-10-2014, 11:28 AM
You'll get used to it or it'll fade away.

- You gotta love the optimst.

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 02:11 PM

I take Zanax. Well used to. I'm pregnant so I'm off them, but I feel like crap without them :(

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 02:13 PM

I didn't know you got derealization because of weed! Maybe that's how I got mine. I was constantly having panic attacks with weed. That's why I stopped smoking 3 years ago, and now I feel like I smoked a fat joint!

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Yee I didn't know you could get it from it either I was smoking it for a good few years before it just kind of popped up :') haha I've never taken an prescription meds I'm too scared of becoming too dependant/addicted to them

cls1033
02-10-2014, 02:53 PM
the feeling of being high when you are sober. that's why I quit a long time ago. if I smoked instant panic then I quit and would feel high while sober it sucks. I would always say I wish I could feel like this all the time. careful what you wish for you just might get it.

but I hear ya

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Exactly the same with me. Stupidly I smoked 3 times and got it each time before I figured it out and stopped

cls1033
02-10-2014, 03:04 PM
I take Xanax too when I miss a day of it I will also feel like crap. nothing to worry about its just the meds getting out of your system you will be fine.

an congratulations

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I take Xanax too when I miss a day of it I will also feel like crap. nothing to worry about its just the meds getting out of your system you will be fine.

an congratulations

How long have you been on Xanax for? I have gone months without them, but then I start feeling weird without them and feel a panic attack coming. I'm just a nervous wreck! I at least have to have some with me for just in case. I've been on them for 2 years. I also get bad tension headaches and they help me with that too.

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Yee I didn't know you could get it from it either I was smoking it for a good few years before it just kind of popped up :') haha I've never taken an prescription meds I'm too scared of becoming too dependant/addicted to them

Good for you! I was scared to take meds too when I first suffered from a panic attack and after I didn't feel normal. I remember I felt so dizzy and so off. I took my first pill before I got another panic attack and ever since I've been taking them. They do help me out a lot!

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 03:21 PM
I don't know weather to try them or not I've felt ok without them sometimes it just when I gets to much that I consider them

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 03:23 PM
I don't know weather to try them or not I've felt ok without them sometimes it just when I gets to much that I consider them

How long have you had anxiety for?

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Since I was 16 4 years on and off really. Last year I felt totally fine had a job and everything then winter hit and things happened and it seems to off come back :(

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 03:40 PM
I also lost my job last October because of missing days due to my panic attacks and going to the E.R. I've had mine for 2 years now. If you've been without meds for 4 years, that's great! You can do it without meds. I got on them like 1 or 2 weeks after my first panic attack.

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Very true. I turned straight to vitamins. Mum had anti depressants and was dead set against me having them :/ vitamins and amino acids have helped me so much tho especially things like l-theanine

SSMommy
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Seriously... Some of my earliest issues with this were while smoking weed or being around others smoking weed while growing up. It was a really great environment to be in as a child. Needless to say, ANY time I get really stressed or there is too much going on in a particular environment (busy restaurant, concert, etc) I start to get the derealization / depersonalization really severe. It is one of the most troubling anxiety symptoms that I notice hands down.

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Seriously... Some of my earliest issues with this were while smoking weed or being around others smoking weed while growing up. It was a really great environment to be in as a child. Needless to say, ANY time I get really stressed or there is too much going on in a particular environment (busy restaurant, concert, etc) I start to get the derealization / depersonalization really severe. It is one of the most troubling anxiety symptoms that I notice hands down.

Same here! It's always when there's a lot of people present.

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Very true. I turned straight to vitamins. Mum had anti depressants and was dead set against me having them :/ vitamins and amino acids have helped me so much tho especially things like l-theanine

Have they really? I've heard about Magnesium vitamins helping also?

I've never tried them.

shelbyp
02-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Yeah now every morning I take vitamin b12, magnesium and l-tyrosine they've helped loads when it's really severe they help to just sort of ease it alittle then I can overcome it abit easier. I always get it when I'm around lots of people especially since most of my friends smoke weed. Started to feel better around people who's company I enjoy helps take my mind off it

lizard0921
02-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I should look into vitamins too besides my prenatal vitamins, or I guess I'll have to ask my ob/gyn before taking them since I can't take meds. Although sometimes it's so bad, I wished I could :( That's when I just break down.

I'm glad for the people that can really do it without meds.

I have a good friend of mine who suffers from anxiety too and she just takes vitamins. She said I'm lacking in a lot of them. That's why I feel like crap! Being pregnant adds more symptoms so you can already imagine :(