PDA

View Full Version : My biggest challenge yet!!!

Ashlee13x
02-04-2014, 11:50 AM
So for those who don't have me on Facebook, I am doing a challenge in September this year for Mind UK (a charity for mental health) in aid for raising awareness for mental health. It is called the 3 peak challenge and i will be trekking up Ben Nevis(the highest mountain in the UK), Scafell Pike(the highest mountain in England) and Mt. Snowdon(the highest mountain in Whales) all in 24 hours!!! It is going to be seriously tough and please bare in mind that I get out of breath from just going up the stairs hahaha! So a lot of training ahead for me!! If anyone would like to sponsor me, please visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/ashleestump

Thanks guys, hope you are al doing okay!!

El Lukio
02-04-2014, 12:21 PM
So for those who don't have me on Facebook, I am doing a challenge in September this year for Mind UK (a charity for mental health) in aid for raising awareness for mental health. It is called the 3 peak challenge and i will be trekking up Ben Nevis(the highest mountain in the UK), Scafell Pike(the highest mountain in England) and Mt. Snowdon(the highest mountain in Whales) all in 24 hours!!! It is going to be seriously tough and please bare in mind that I get out of breath from just going up the stairs hahaha! So a lot of training ahead for me!! If anyone would like to sponsor me, please visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/ashleestump Thanks guys, hope you are al doing okay!!

Awesome Ashlee, go you! I've had friends do this and it's a hell of a challenge...I wish you the best of luck for a great cause!

Perhaps you can ask the admins to make this a sticky to help you get sponsorship?

Ashlee13x
02-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Thank you!! Yeah its gonna be really tough but I can do it!!!

Ohh really, who are the admins?

El Lukio
02-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Thank you!! Yeah its gonna be really tough but I can do it!!! Ohh really, who are the admins?

I'm not sure..perhaps one of the more seasoned users can advise?

jessed03
02-04-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure..perhaps one of the more seasoned users can advise?

Given that half the people I link to the stickies never even know they're there, I guess you'll get more views just bumping it.

I'll try and throw you some sponsorship through when I locate my debit card. It's in a pocket somewhere, I need to hunt it down.

I'll give you double the donation if you do it with me on your back the whole way yelling EAAAAAAGLE!!!! :D

WestCanada05
02-04-2014, 02:22 PM
I hope you succeed. All I can say with training is to keep at it, you will have fun days and really shitty days, but the more you focus on training the less you will focus on everything else like anxiety which is a good thing. It will take everything you have to do it so prepare yourself for it, but the reward will be even greater then you think.

NixonRulz
02-04-2014, 03:48 PM
So for those who don't have me on Facebook, I am doing a challenge in September this year for Mind UK (a charity for mental health) in aid for raising awareness for mental health. It is called the 3 peak challenge and i will be trekking up Ben Nevis(the highest mountain in the UK), Scafell Pike(the highest mountain in England) and Mt. Snowdon(the highest mountain in Whales) all in 24 hours!!! It is going to be seriously tough and please bare in mind that I get out of breath from just going up the stairs hahaha! So a lot of training ahead for me!! If anyone would like to sponsor me, please visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/ashleestump

Thanks guys, hope you are al doing okay!!

Ash, this is great

Always great to have something positive down the road that you need to focus on everyday

I have done races like that in the past and they are so challenging

I know you will do well

And I will sponsor you

Whatever Jesse offers, I will do 1 more dollar, or Euro or whatever the hell you all use over there

Ashlee13x
02-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Given that half the people I link to the stickies never even know they're there, I guess you'll get more views just bumping it.

I'll try and throw you some sponsorship through when I locate my debit card. It's in a pocket somewhere, I need to hunt it down.

I'll give you double the donation if you do it with me on your back the whole way yelling EAAAAAAGLE!!!! :D

Hahahahaha thats JD!! Uh-ohhhh losing your debit card it never great!! Yes okay I accept your challenge... just make sure you know CPR and how to deal with heart attacks because I will probably have one!! Hahhaha

Ashlee13x
02-05-2014, 05:54 AM
I hope you succeed. All I can say with training is to keep at it, you will have fun days and really shitty days, but the more you focus on training the less you will focus on everything else like anxiety which is a good thing. It will take everything you have to do it so prepare yourself for it, but the reward will be even greater then you think.

Thank you!! Yeah, I know it's going to be really tough but I have started my training and have trekked mountains before but never to the top!!! Practice makes perfect!!

Ashlee13x
02-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Ash, this is great

Always great to have something positive down the road that you need to focus on everyday

I have done races like that in the past and they are so challenging

I know you will do well

And I will sponsor you

Whatever Jesse offers, I will do 1 more dollar, or Euro or whatever the hell you all use over there

Thank you Nixon!! Yeah, I have something to work towards and acheive!!

I'm really excited for it!!! Thanks very much! I won't let you guys down!

Hahahaha, Great British Pound?

Kyle Morgan
02-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Hey Ashlee, I really would like to sponsor you, I'm however really skint right now, as soon as I get enough money, I'll do my best to sponsor you. Best of luck!! :D