PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

MissCKC
03-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I just have a question that I hope someone might have the answer to. My most common symptom is a feeling of tightness in the chest/subtle chest pains. I was wondering if overtime this would actually cause any damage or harm to my heart in any way. I just worry that the constant tension that I feel in my chest will eventually cause problems. If anyone knows anything about this please respond. Thanks!

Robbed
03-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, prolonged stress CAN cause cardiovascular problems. But by prolonged, I mean decades long. If you suffer from anxiety or a much shorter period of time (a few months to several years), then you are probably NOT causing any irreversible damage. What I have just said here should be motivation for you to deal with your anxiety. Because if you deal with it now rather than living with it for the next 30 years, you will almost certainly be okay. So think about this when you start to feel anxious about your heart. Doing so will reduce your anxiety, and guarantee that it will not cause you any damage.

MissCKC
03-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Thank you so much for your post. I really appreciate it! That will definitely help to alleviate some of my worrying. :)

serenescene
03-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I just have a question that I hope someone might have the answer to. My most common symptom is a feeling of tightness in the chest/subtle chest pains.

hey,
i went to the doctor with the same worries and symptoms, hoping that she'd ask more questions and tell me if i really did have a disorder, as i know i meet a lot more of the criteria than just the pains...

im wondering though, what you're doing about your chest pains now? because i don't know what to do myself...im only 17, i dont think someone myage should be getting this kind of thing. any response appreciated, thanks!

MissCKC
03-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Hey serenescene,
Yeah, I am only 19 and it is really frustrating to have these chest problems...especially being so young and feeling like you shouldn't have to go through it. I will get this really tight feeling in my chest and then some mild pains. It comes and goes. Unfortunately I don't really have any special techniques or tips for getting rid of chest pains. All I really do is just take deep breaths and tell myself that it will go away. I also try to find something to do to take my mind off of it because I have noticed that the more I concentrate on it the more it bothers me. I hope that you are feeling okay today. Stay strong! :D -Cassie

MissCKC
03-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey serenescene,
Yeah, I am only 19 and it is really frustrating to have these chest problems...especially being so young and feeling like you shouldn't have to go through it. I will get this really tight feeling in my chest and then some mild pains. It comes and goes. Unfortunately I don't really have any special techniques or tips for getting rid of chest pains. All I really do is just take deep breaths and tell myself that it will go away. I also try to find something to do to take my mind off of it because I have noticed that the more I concentrate on it the more it bothers me. I hope that you are feeling okay today. Stay strong! :D -Cassie