PDA

View Full Version : My panic disorder is keeping my from living a normal life :/

Amy Smith
02-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Ever since last summer, when I had my first real bad blown out panic attack in the car, I can't even get in the car alone and go anywhere without fearing it's going to happen again. At the time I had it, I wasn't on any medications and just went through a lot of change in my life. I was in a crowded car in the back seat, and I started to hyperventilate and basically kept passing in and out. Thankfully, we were near a hospital and my Mom was in the back seat with me, trying to keep me conscious. It was the scariest feeling I have ever felt in my life, every part of my body tensed up, everything was numb and tingling. Has anyone experienced this before? The fact that it happened in the car makes me think its going to happen again. Thankfully, ever since that one, I have not had one like that again. I went to the dr right after that happened and have been on meds since. I'm a stay at home Mom, to my three year old son, and I feel like I'm ruining his life from not taking him places when Dad is at work. I only can go places if my fiance is with me. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced a panic attack this bad before? and still scarred from it. I know it was extreme cause I was stuck in a car and couldn't walk around like I usually do when I'm feeling antsy.

vanessa2010
02-04-2014, 05:33 PM
your not alone i had one in my class before i remember it was my first time and i dont take any medication so one day i was sitting down out of nowhere my heart beats harder and harder i have this ring in my ear i feel jumpy and cant sit still i feel dizzy and other things and people started to noticed and it escalated to me starting to feel faint and i raised up my urgently and asked to go to the nurse i told the nurse i just had the flu and wasnt feeling well from that day everyday in that class i dread and hope i can make it thru i hope u feel better

stp4779
02-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi Amy...
Everyone here completely understands your panic attack and what you're going through. You will learn so much by being a part of the forum :) We're all in the same boat trying to take it one day at a time to conquer our anxiety. You're among friends!

In addition to meds, have you been regularly going to see a therapist? I'm from Michigan too, what part are you from? I'm from Midland :)

Amy Smith
02-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Good to know I'm not alone. I do see a therapist every other week, work on CBT's , those help me out a lot. I'm living in the Ann Arbor area :)

jjh333
02-04-2014, 07:30 PM
you've definitely taken really great steps to start healing! everyone here is super understanding and will be able to help